Chapter 13

"I'm going to miss you guys" I said hugging each of my family members. We are all currently at the airport, obviously I'm getting ready to leave.

"Okay this is probably not something you want to hear" Dylan started and I sighed. "Tyler has been calling me"

"You didn't tell him I'm leaving did you?" I asked and Dylan bit his lip. "Dylan" I groaned, drawing out the 'N'.

"It slipped" he said with his hands up in defense.

"Did you tell him where I'm going?" I asked rubbing my temples.

"No that didn't slip" he said and I sighed in relief.

"Just don't tell him where" I said and he nodded. I gave him a hug and then headed to the security line. I has just gotten through when I heard someone calling my name. I turned around and rolled my eyes.

"Macy!" Tyler yelled pushing past people in the security line. Everyone gave him glares and said rude things to him but he didn't seem to care. He got to the police officer who put his hand on his chest and held him from going any further.

"Sir you need a ticket and need to wait in line" the police officer calmly explained.

"No you have to let me through" Tyler said out of breath.

"You need to go to the back of the line" the police officer repeated himself.

I shook my head and grabbed my bags and headed off towards the gate.

"Macy!" Tyler yelled again but I ignored him. 'This is what's best right now' I told myself as I found my gate and sat down and waited for the plane.

----------

Getting off the plane, I couldn't help my excitement. I haven't been back home in so long, and I can't wait to see my family that still lives around here. I grabbed my bags and headed to the car rentals. After paying, they handed me my keys and showed me to my car. It was a red, two door jeep wrangler, and I wasted no time getting in and driving to my grandparents.

I was pulling out of the airport parking lot when my phone started to ring. I silently prayed that it wasn't Tyler and when I glanced at my phone I let out a sigh or relief at the sight of the name 'Max Carver'.

I hit the answer button and put it on speaker. "Hey stranger" I smiled and I heard Max chuckle.

"Hey, I heard that you left town for a little while" he said and I groaned.

"Let me take a wild guess that Dylan told you" I said and he laughed.

"Yeah, but don't worry he didn't tell Tyler where you went, I on the other hand, he told since he knew we are friends, and we were pretty close" he said and I can picture his smile.

"I hate how we just stopped talking after I started dating Tyler, we could have stayed friends and talked and hung out but we didn't" I sighed.

"Well that can change now" he said and I smiled.

"It will be harder though because I'm in Tennessee" I said stopping at a red light. "And I'm not sure how long I'm staying, I just really needed to get away"

"Well, Charlie and I have off for two weeks since they don't need our characters, so maybe I could come visit you" he said and I smiled at the thought as the light turned green.

"I would like that, you could stay at my grandma's house since she has extra rooms" I said turning and heading down the long dirt driveway. I put the car in park and sat looking at the old house.

"That sounds great, I'll make plans and call you when it's all sorted out" he said.

"Great, I could really use a friend right now, and this phone call has been the first time I actually smiled in the past few days" I said.