Chapter 14

"Max!" I yelled excitedly seeing him walk out from the airport. He looked my direction and smiled. As soon as he crossed the street I ran to him and he wrapped his arms around my small waist in a hug.

"I feel like I haven't seen you in years" he laughed pulling away and putting his things in the car.

"It hasn't been that long" I laughed getting in the car along with Max. We talked the whole way back to my grandparents house, with Max and I, it's never quiet. We always have something to talk about.

Getting back to my grandparents house, Max grabbed his bags and I showed him to his room. My grandpa was watching the news, so I decided to introduce him to Max.

"You're not the boy who broke her heart are you?" my grandpa asked narrowing his eyes at Max and I giggled.

"No, never I don't know how anyone could" Max said and I smiled.

"Okay then it's nice to meet you" my grandpa said and I laughed.

"Where's grandma?" I asked and he nodded towards the kitchen. I started walking and Max followed. I groaned seeing Travis sitting at the table talking to my grandma. "Do you ever leave?" I asked and Travis chuckled.

"Sometimes, I only stay here to annoy you" he shrugged and I sighed.

"I wouldn't be surprised. But grandma this is Max" I said and my grandma smiled. She stood up and gave him a hug.

"Just call me grandma that's easier" my grandma said and I laughed, she always had everyone call her grandma instead of her actual name.

"It's nice to meet you" Max smiled "Thanks so much for letting me stay here"

"It's no problem" my grandma said sitting back down.

"I'm Travis, I know Macy wouldn't bother introducing me" Travis said and Max waved.

"You're right I wouldn't. Why are you even still here it's almost ten?" I asked and Travis smiled his cocky smile.

"Your grandma here, actually loves me" Travis said and I rolled my eyes.

"Let's go Max" I said "I will take you to see the barn" I grabbed his hand and headed for the back door.

"Don't get freaky in the barn please" Travis said.

"How do you like him grandma?" I asked and she shrugged. I opened the back door and we walked out. I turned on the lights in the barn and showed him around a little bit. I showed him the horses and told him their names. Immediately he went up and started petting the horses. "We'll go for a ride tomorrow if you want" I said and he nodded.

"Yes! But the real question is, when are we going to a party?" he laughed.

"I'll call my friend and ask, they're probably having a bonfire tomorrow" I shrugged pulling out my phone. After calling Katie, and confirmed that there will be a bonfire, Max and I headed inside. Thankfully Travis was no longer in the house, so it was nice and peaceful. My grandparents probably went to bed for the night and Max was tired as well from the traveling so we headed to our rooms to get some sleep for the night.

----------

The next morning I woke up to the smell of bacon. I quickly got out of bed and showered off before putting on my outfit for the day. I walked down the stairs and saw a stack of pancakes on a plate with a side of bacon.

"Is Max not up yet?" I asked before I grabbed some breakfast. My grandpa shook his head and I turned around and headed back upstairs. I knocked on Max's door and heard nothing in response. I pushes the door open and saw Max laying face first on the bed with his left pajama pant leg rolled halfway up his leg. I giggled and took a picture before I woke him up.