Outcast

ThatWolfAldieb helped me a lot with the ideas for this so credit to them! Check out their profile!

Virgil let out a shuddering breath as he examined his thin frame in the mirror. Was it his imagination or did his face seem more gaunt than before the summer?
He quickly shook the thought from his head and shrugged on his favourite jacket. It was three sizes too big and gave him the appearance of being more filled out than he really was. Virgil glanced once more at the boy in the mirror before slinging his tatty backpack over his shoulder and leaving his small room.

Holding his breath as he crept down the narrow hallway, he peered into his fathers bedroom and let out  a sigh of relief at the sight of the man still fast asleep on his bed.
Virgil backed out of the room, grabbed a few biscuits from the kitchen before taking a deep breath and stepping out of the front door.

—————————————————

The moment he stepped into the building Virgil was overwhelmed by the sheer size of his new school. High ceilings, endless corridors and four floors; a setup guaranteed to make him anxious and lose his way.
Weaving his way through the students already milling in the entry hall, he made his way over to the reception. He could already feel his heart hammering; this was a mistake.

The receptionist smiled warmly at him. "Hi, you're the new student, Virgil Storm, yes?".

Virgil nodded, not being able to bring himself to speak.

"Well Virgil, here is your timetable," she said, handing him a sheet off paper from beside her computer, which Virgil took, glancing at it before stuffing  it into his jacket pocket.

"We've organised one of our students to give you a tour of the building," the receptionist said, nodding in the direction of a curly haired boy with a face covered with freckles and large round glasses leaning against a wall. "He's waiting for you over by the water fountain."

Virgil nodded his thanks and made his way over to the other boy, who looked up as he approached. The boy smiled and walked towards him.

"Hi, you must  be Virgil! I'm Patton!"

Virgil offered the shorter boy a shy smile and a nod.
"H..hi..." he said apprehensively.

Patton gave another broad grin, not picking up on Virgil nerves.
"C'mon, I have to show you around," he said, spinning on his heel and heading down the corridor.

Virgil followed the boy, who proceeded to show him around the school.

They were wandering around the library when a pale boy with neat black hair and square glasses came up behind Patton and tapped him on the shoulder.

Patton jumped in surprise and spun around.

"Logan!!" He squealed in delight and threw him arms around the taller boy.

"Patton!" The boy chuckle fondly,, stumbling back slightly, "I was gone for 2 weeks not 2 months,"

"I don't care," Patton said, turning around to face Virgil, who was becoming increasingly confused.

"Virgil, this is my boyfriend, Logan. Logan, this is Virgil. He's new here. I was showing him around the school,"

Virgil felt a rush of relief. He wasn't alone. Just as he opened his mouth to greet Logan, the school bell rang for the start of lessons.
Shocked at the volume of the bell, Virgil stumbled backwards and tripped over a bag that had been left beside one of the shelves, causing him to crash into its owner: a tall, red headed boy with freckles dotting the bridge of his nose and beautiful bright green eyes.

Virgil scrambled around, horrified and felt colour rising to his cheeks; The boy was extremely attractive.

"Are you ok?" the redhead asked, concerned by the panic in Virgil's eyes.

"Ye-I-I have to go," Virgil stuttered, before turning on his heel and darting out of the library.

"Ok..?" the boy said to Virgil's already retreating back.

—————————————————

Virgil pulled up his hood to hide his flushed cheeks.
In his haste to escape the situation he didn't notice the way the boy looked at him. He didn't see the puzzlement and wonder in his eyes, as if he couldn't quite work something out.

______________________

I have no idea if anyone is actually going to read this but if someone does hello!

Even if no one reads it I am still going to finish this because I really enjoyed writing this part

Later🤟🏻