Shattered

"Or what?" Janus' posture was confident and relaxed, his menace filled eyes held a warning; 'don't push me'.

Virgil's head whipped around frantically, searching for something, anything, to help him.

"Aw, are you scared?" Janus spoke as if talking to a toddler, "No ones going to save you this time," he jerked his head at the onlookers, who quickly looked away. "They don't care,"

Virgil flinched and took a step back on shaking legs as the black haired boy began walking towards him, each step a silent threat. He whimpered and stumbled, swallowing down the lump blocking his throat. Most of the students milling around by the notice board had left in a hurry, except the few, including Logan and Patton,who were engrossed in taking to Roman. None of them had noticed what was going on.

In one swift movement, Janus lunged forward and viciously thudded into Virgil, knocking him to the ground with a terrified cry. His vision was blacking out and he was trembling all over. He squeezed his eyes shut and threw his arms over his head.

—————————————————

Patton looked up from talking to Roman at a loud thudding noise accompanied by a familiar cry. He was horrified to see Virgil curled up on the floor in the now empty corridor with Janus standing over him in an aggressive stance.

"Virgil!" Patton yelled, running towards him, shoving Janus away as he did.
He collapsed on his knees in front of the terrified boy with his heart in his mouth. Virgil eyes were wide but he didn't appear to see Patton. His breath was coming in quick, sharp gasps and he was trembling all over. He pulled Virgil into a sitting position, cupping his head in his own shaking hands.

"Virgil," he said in as calming a voice he could muster. He couldn't expel the hint of panic though. "Virgil it's me. It's Patton. Breath ok? You're gonna be fine. Breath. In and out,"

Patton's words seemed to bring Virgil back to reality. His breathing slowed, although it was still faster than what would be considered normal. His eyes were darting around non-stop, (Gentlemenofthejuryimcuriousbearwithme) and he flinched and whimpered when they landed on Janus, who was still standing a few feet away watching them with, filled with malicious curiosity.

"The fuck just happened?" He drawled. He had the gall to inject amusement into that sentence. Laughter.
Patton's blood boiled. He stood up, making sure Logan, who had ran over along with Roman, was supporting Virgil and advanced on the boy.

"He had a panic attack," he said slowly though gritted teeth, "Because of what you did,"

Janus pretended to look shocked. "What I did? It's not my fault he freaked the fuck out. I barely touched him!"

"You triggered it you bastard!" Patton's voice rose until it was barely lower than a yell.

"Patton!" Logan's shocked voice came from somewhere behind him. Patton was shocked at himself as well. It was a sign of just how angry he was that he had sworn.

"I triggered it? How did I trigger it?" Janus attempted to maintain his amused appearance but shock was etched on his face; whether it was at Patton's outburst or what he had caused he couldn't tell.

"You-you-," Patton struggled to find the words without revealing things Virgil didn't want anyone to know. Thankfully he was spared answering by the arrival of two teachers; Mr Sanders and another who Patton couldn't put a name too (Im lazyyy). Thank god one of the onlookers appeared to have sense.

Mr Sanders instantly dropped to his knees next to Virgil, talking to him in a hushed voice. Logan stood up and walked over to where Patton was standing, enveloping his boyfriend in his arms. Patton leaned into him, grateful for his presence.
He looked up in time to see Janus being escorted away by the second teacher, amid a string of angry words and his own affronted interjections and smiled weakly. He would finally get what he deserved.

Patton glanced around at Virgil, the smile quickly erased, replaced with concern. Logan picked up on this and planted a kiss on his curls.
"He's fine. He's going to be fine,"

Patton nodded, although he wasn't convinced. One thing he knew for sure though; he would kill anyone who tried to hurt Virgil.

—————————————————

Wow a different POV? That doesn't happen often😂

In all seriousness I hope you enjoyed this chapter and I swear I'm getting to the Prinxiety!

Also tysm for 14k! I'm blown away by the amount of people who like this and your comments always make me laugh so keep them coming!

Later🤟🏻