Wow im on my laptop instead of my phone this is weird

Logan didnt know where he was, but he could smell salt and hear waves crashing nearby. The ocean. Ok that was a start. He ran as far away as he could, down alleys and across roads. He appeared to be in some sort of industrial district. He was surrounded by warehouses, most that looked to be in disuse. It was a maze, large and looming but it didn't take long for him to come across an exit. Large gates opened out onto a main road. Logan's lungs were burning by the time he collapsed against them, his legs like jelly.

They were locked. Shit.

His breathing was getting frantic as he mind raced. The fence that stretched into the distance was chainlink, over 10 feet tall and topped with barbed wire. Climbing it was out of the question. Maybe there was a hole, a gap. Most of the warehouses he were empty and rundown, so maybe this fence was too. He thought a little ore, furrowing his brow. The man he had seen with Mr Kidnapper had to have come in some way, and the padlock that the the gates closed was rusted and stiff. So there must be another way in.

And more importantly, out. Logan gripped the fence and began walking along it, as fast as his screaming legs would allow. His absence would have been noticed by now and the two men had cars and who knows how many more people to help find him. As his feet stumbled over gravel and broken bottles he cursed himself for not trying to damage the tyres on the black car he had passed by the door. it would have slowed them down considerably. A gull wheeled over his head, taunting him with its freedom. The fence was the same, undamaged and sturdy. Logan had probably headed in the wrong direction and would end up walking the entire perimeter of this compound and end up collapsing or being caught before he found another way out.

God, he was hungry. And sore. And so so tired. For a moment he thought about giving up, about falling against the fence, so close to an escape, and not move, Just sit there.

But then he thought about Patton. About his parents. About Virgil and Roman and god forbid, Remus. He had to get away, for them. Get away or die trying.

Then he heard a car. His head whipped up, fear coursing through him. it was getting louder, than sound of wheels on tarmac. He sped up, scanning the area around him for a place to hid. He was so exposed where he was. And then he saw the hole.

It was small, barely big enough for a fox to pass though. It wasntnthe gate he had been hoping for but it was a way out. he dropped down next to his, blood pounding in his head, muting his surroundings. he flattened himself onto his stomach, scraping his stomach on the hard ground and managed to get his head through. His arms. The ragged metal points stabbed his shoulders and he muffled a cry but kept going, his flailing legs kicking away a beer can. He could still here the car. It wasn't far, maybe behind the closest building. His shoulders were out, then his torso. He felt the skin on his hips shred as his heaved himself across the ground with his elbows and knees.

And thene he was out. Logan staggered up, vaulting himself forward. He fell onto a grass verge that dropped into a slope by the road he had seen from the gates, and froze. He could hear the car, crunching across  gravel, and angry voices. Footsteps. He stayed where he was, hidden from view. He hoped. It wasn't long before the noises moved on, becoming more distant until they faded entirely. The silence was deafening, enveloping him like a blanket, cutting him off from the world. The short lived relief he had felt at being out of the compound was washed away by another wave of churning fear.

He had no idea where he was. There were no signs in sight, no cars or people. Every part of him ached. He was exhausted and hungry. He had no phone, no way of contacting anyone. But despite all of this, Logan dragged himself up. He reached the pavement, picked a direction and started walking. As he did he examined his hips. The skin was ragged and bloody. He imagined his shoulders didn't look much better.

Gulls screamed and waves crashed, getting louder and he thought hard, trying to think where he could be. He could see the ocean to his left, and the sight of it comforted him. He had always loved the ocean, as well as the stars. Too constants in an ever changing world.

God he was tired. So tired he almost didn't register the car until it was too late. It was small and ugly and slow moving, heading towards him. He waved his arms weakly and tried to shout, although it came out as more of a croak. To his utmost relief, the car passed him and slowed to stop and a woman in her forties got out, looking concerend.

"Are you alright, young man?" She aksed.

Logan just shook his head and staggered towards her, whatever strength he had left vanishing. He fell, but didnt hit the ground. Before he knew what had happened he was in the back seat of the car. It smelled of leather and pine, reassuringly normal. His was slumped awkwardly in the seat, but he didnt care. He was safe. As his eyes closed he heard the woman on the phone outside, worry filling her voice. Police probably, or an ambulance.

He let the tension leave his shoulders for the first time in days and slipped into unconsciousness.

——————————————————————-

I have nothing to say but I want to keep the consistency of these notes at the end ok that's all I'm gonna go watch a bootleg of Tuck Everlasting again

Later🤟🏻