Hi how are ya?

"Remy?" Virgil said again. He was becoming increasingly concerned at the silence coming from the other side of the door. The boy had stopped crying from what he could hear but he was still worried.
"Can I come in?"

He was met by another silence so he sat down by the door and rested  his head against it. "I'm not leaving until I know you're ok," he said. He sat for a few minutes until he eventually heard movement from the other side of the door. It took another few minutes before Remy opened it and Virgil scrambled to his feet.

Remy's face was tear stained and his eyes bloodshot and glassy. As soon as he opened the door Virgil threw his arms around him and asked, "What's wrong? Who do I have to kill?"

The last statement brought a chocked laugh, quickly stifled as Remy drew away from Virgil and backed up into his room to sit on his bed, indicating for Virgil to follow him. When he was sitting next to him Virgil placed an arm around his shoulder and asked again what had upset him.

Remy took a deep breath before answering. "Someone at my school found out something about me and t-told everyone and now they all think I'm w-weird or hate me,"

Virgil felt anger flare in him at the person who had reduced Remy, who was always so cool and composed, to tears. He gently squeezed the boys shoulder and said again, "I'm gonna kill someone,"

Remy smiled weakly but didn't reply as tears rolled slowly down his face. He kept his eyes fixed on his feet and his hands clutched his jacket sleeves until his knuckles were a stark white against his black jeans.

"What-," Virgil hesitated before continuing, "-what did they find out about you? You don't have to tell me if you don't want to," he added quickly.

"No, I-I do," Remy said quietly, his voice wavering as he struggled to get the words out. "Yesterday I had PE and someone saw me changing and-," he broke off and took a deep, shuddering breath.

"And?" Virgil prompted, his voice gentle and encouraging, which was unusual for him.

"He-he found out I'm trans," Remy's voice dropped to a barely audible whisper as more tears spilled and slipped down his face.

"Oh Remy," Virgil said softly before pulling him into another crushing hug. The boys shoulders shook under his arms and Virgil's heart ached for him. When Remy eventually pulled away he wiped his eyes, looking mildly embarrassed.

"So-," Virgil hesitated once again, afraid of saying the wrong thing; he tended to be bad with words, "He found out and told everyone at your school?"

Remy nodded miserably and dropped his head into trembling hands with a shuddering sob.

"Bastard," Virgil muttered, more to himself than the boy next to him. "The rest of them are bastards as well if they think any different of you,"

Remy raised his head slightly at that, "And you don't...?" He sounded terrified and Virgil felt another rush of anger at the people who had made him feel like he needed to be scared of others opinions.

"Of course not. You're still you, you're still my friend and nothing will change that. If those people let it cloud their view of you then they aren't worth your time, ok?"

Remy smiled a genuine, grateful smile and wiped his still-wet eyes again. He was still crying but less so and the tension had left his shoulders as if a weight had been lifted from them. "Thank you," He said softly.

The two boys sat in a companionable silence for a few minutes until the peaceful quiet was broken by Remy's phone buzzing from the other side of the room. He made no move to answer it and his shoulders tensed a fraction at the sound.

It took Virgil a moment to understand but when he did he asked, "Do you want me to look at it...?"

Remy hesitated before nodding so he stood up and grabbed the phone from the dresser to look at the notification. As he had expected it was a message from someone Virgil didn't know but it didn't say what he had thought it would.

['EmilePicani' has requested to chat with you]

{Accept}
{Decline}

[EmilePicani] Hey. It's Emile from you're biology class. I heard what people where saying about you. Are you ok?

"It's from someone called Emile Picani," Virgil told Remy, turning to face the other boy.

On hearing who the message was from, Remy's head snapped up, his eyes wide.

"What-," Remy swallowed as f he was nervous, "What did he say?"

"He said he heard what people were saying about you-," Remy flinched slightly at that, "-and asked if you're ok,"

Remy looked down quickly, but Virgil still saw the colour rising in his cheeks. He smiled and sat down on the bed again, handing the phone to Remy.

"You like him, don't you?"

"W-What? No of course not!"

"Mhm sure," Virgil raised an eyebrow as he looked at the other boy.

"Ok fine maybe I do," Remy said quietly as he typed out a reply, angling the screen so Virgil couldn't see what it said. Not suspicious at all.

Virgil grinned. "I knew it! So, what's he like?"

Remy blushed again and glowered at Virgil before flopping back onto the bed and wiping his eyes of the few remaining tears. "He's really cute. He loves cartoons and is kinda oblivious of...everything really but in a good way,"

Virgil smiled again, relaxing as Remy seemed to forget about his classmates. "He sounds a bit like Patton,"

"Probably," Remy agreed. "They honestly sound like the same person; sweet, friends with everyone, stupidly kind,"

It was then that Remys phone buzzed again. When he looked at the screen his face lit up, so Virgil quietly rose from the bed and slipped out of the door before returning to his own room and flopping face first onto the bed.

—————————————————

Hey I have nothing to say here so yeahhhhhhh

There is no reason I made Remy trans btw I just wanted to have a trans character lol

And I swear I'm gonna our Remus in soon ok?

Later🤟🏻