[Insert bad joke here]

When Virgil headed into school the next day his heart was in his mouth and he was overcome by tremors. He had his beanie low and his hood pulled up in a vain attempt to remain unnoticed, knowing full well everyone at the school would have heard about what had happened by now, but whispers and glances still followed him down the corridors, setting his anxiety on edge.

He felt incredibly vulnerable walking around on his own so he dumped his bag at his first class and set out to find Roman, Patton or Logan, ignoring the mutters from surrounding students.

After five minutes of walking he found Logan in a corner of the library with his head buried in a book; it took a few minutes for him to realise Virgil was there. When he did eventually look up he smiled and nodded for Virgil to sit in the chair opposite his.

"Salutations," He said.

Virgil looked at him, blinking, before replying with "...what?"

Logan chuckled and shook his head, slipping a piece of paper between the pages of his book. "Hello, Virgil," he said.

"Oh right. Hey," Virgil sat down, crossing his legs on the chair because he was unable to sit like a normal human being. (Like a true gay). "Where's Patton?"

Logan glanced down at his watch. "He should be arriving soon. He took the bus in as it's cold,"

(I know they're in Florida it's just cold in Ireland and I don't want to make it warm ok fight me)

Virgil nodded and pulled his hood down, ignoring the few pairs of eyes that still rested on him.

"How are you feeling today?" Logan enquired.

"Anxious," Virgil admitted after a brief pause. "I hate being the centre of attention and everyone keeps looking at me. But emotionally I'm pretty good,"

"That's good to hear," Logan said, before glaring fiercely at the few people still staring at his friend, causing them to quickly look away: He didn't look remotely threatening but everyone had heard about him yelling at Eve and weren't eager to get on his bad side. That and he was one of the tallest people in the school.

Virgil's mouth quirked upwards into a small smile. "Thanks Lo,"

He leaned back slightly in his chair and drummed his fingers on the table in front of him, tilting his head slightly to read the title of Logan's book absently. He was distracted however, when he spotted Patton walk into the library and scan the tables until he spotted the two of them in the corner.

Logan had his back to the door so Patton slowed down and sneaked towards him. Virgil struggled to keep a straight face when Patton put a finger to his lips before throwing his arms around Logan's neck, causing the black-haired boy to jump and twist around in his seat, relaxing when he saw who it was.

Patton giggled and kissed his head before pulling a chair towards him and sitting down, dumping his bag at his feet.

"Hi Loggie bear!" He said brightly, still giggling. "Hey Virgil!"

Logan smiled. "Hello Patton,"

Virgil nodded at him. "Hey Pat,"

"How are you Virgil?"

Virgil said the same thing he had to Logan and Patton beamed and said something about being glad and happy; the words were lost to Virgil as the door of the library swung open and Roman walked in. He did the customary scan-of-the- library to find them before walking over.

Virgil felt his heart rate start to pick up and he began tapping the table with a finger. He still hadn't quite wrapped his head around the fact the Roman liked him so he still freaked out when he came over.

"Hey guys," he said, leaning his hands on the back of Virgil's chair, causing the boys pulse to quicken to an alarming rate.

There was a chorus of hellos, during which Roman sat on the last remaining seat at the table, which happened to be next to Virgil.

"So, what's up?" He asked.

Patton gave him a look before saying, "No, what's up with you?"

Roman glanced at Virgil, who blushed furiously and looked away, mock-glaring at Patton in the process.

"Well..." he hesitated and Virgil was surprised to see colour blooming on his cheeks as he looked at him. "Am I allowed to say we're dating or would you kill me?"

Virgil wet his lips, his hands trembling. His stomach was doing flips, making him feel mildly nauseous. He swallowed the feeling and took a deep breath before nodding, his face flaring again.

Roman's face broke into a smile that lit up his whole face and Patton clapped his hands in excitement.

"What is the situation with Eve?" Logan inquired.

Roman sighed and ran a hand through his hair. "She sent me a very nasty text involving a lot of slurs and such with the general picture that we were finished and that she was disgusted and so on. You get the idea. Now she's refusing to talk to or about me and getting her friends to harass me,"

Patton made a face that was halfway between anger and pity. "Well at least you don't have to talk to her anymore,"

"Yeah, that's true. She insulted me a lot, which is irritating rather than hurtful. Said she was 'disgusted that she dated a gay person,'" Roman put on a high pitched imitation of Eve's voice causing all of them to chuckle, even Virgil, who was still rapping the desk. "It's funny because I'm not even gay, I'm bi. She just needs to chill,"

"Well, at least no one else seems to be too opposed. Just shocked I believe; your'swasn't a standard coming out," Logan said with amusement, picking up his book and turning it over in his hands absently.

"Got that right," Roman agreed. He reached out distractedly and placed his hand over Virgil's, stopping his continuous tapping.
"Relax," He said, "I won't bite,"

Virgil blushed again and felt his heart almost burst out of his chest. He smiled apologetically. "Sorry,"

"Aww you are so cute!," Patton said, a smile creasing the freckles covering his face.

Roman opened his mouth to speak when the bell rang. The fours boys stood up in unison and headed to the door of the library with the rest of the pupils in it. As they walked Roman hesitantly reached out his arm and took hold of Virgil's hand whilst staring straight ahead of him.

Virgil felt his arm stiffen momentarily before he relaxed and intertwined his fingers with Roman's and felt his heart almost explode. A small smile spread across his face as he glanced at Roman, who's own was tinted pink.

He ignored the people who looked at them and whispered. They still bothered him but not as much with Roman next to him and Patton and  Logan ahead. For once he felt completely happy and at ease. With the Christmas holidays in a week and lessons becoming easier, things couldn't have been better he couldn't stop the wide grin don't spreading across his face.

—————————————————

Was that enough Prinxiety? Did I do good?

I'm not sure why this chapter ended up as long as it did but oh well

I'm gonna write anther chapter today or tomorrow and it's gonna be very Christmassy so be prepared for that. After the shits really gonna hit the fan.

Ok I'll shut up now

Later🤟🏻