I need to finish this thing soon

It was a long time before Logan woke up properly. At least, it felt like a long time. He heard voices, distant and muted, as if underwater and saw flashes of light behind his eyelids, glowing softly. He didn't register them., not really. They came and went but he didn't care. All he cared about was the pain. It was there sometimes, sharp or dull, aching or burning, and then it would go away, only to return again soon. He felt something, someone touching his arm. He supposed, thinking back, it was a nurse injecting him with one drug or another.

When he did open his eyes, it was too harsh light. He shut them again quickly, winching. He felt weak, his limbs heavy and his tongue dry. He tried again after a few minutes, blinking rapidly. He only got a few seconds to examine his surrounds before he was engulfed in a hug that lifted him from the pillow where he was lying.

Shock was quickly replaced by a rush of relief and love when he realised it was Patton who was half smothering him.

The boy pulled back and grabbed his hand, beaming but with tears in his eyes. "You're ok. You're alright," he said, with such relief in his voice that Logan had to fight back tears himself.

He smiled weakly. "Of course I'm ok,"

Patton bit his lip and a tear rolled done his face. "I was so worried," he said quietly. "I thought-," he cut off.

"Hey, hey," (Don't ya know that we's a family, would I let you down? No way) Logan reached up with his free hand to wipe away the tear that had rolled down his boyfriends cheek. "I'm ok, alright? Don't be worried or upset. I'm right here,"

Patton nodded and leaned forward to kiss him. It was then that Logan's parents came over. Another smile spilt his face as his mother fussed over him until a nurse arrived and shooed them all away. He hadn't realised how much he had missed them.

The next few hours came in a blur of tests, checkups and endless questions. Be described what had happened to so many people he lost count. Logan learned that he had been unconscious for two days, the abuse his body had take catching up to him. He was malnourished and dehydrated and the cut on his head was nasty but otherwise he would make a full recovery.

Mr Kidnapper and the man in the suit hadn't been caught yet. The warehouse was found abandoned, swept clean of any evidence and locked tight. Logan was pleased to know he was correct about there being another gate into the compound, smaller than the main one. It was on the west side of the fence. The hole Logan had escaped from was on the east, as far away as it could have possible been. It made him shiver to think that if he hadn't been so lucky as to find it then he may still have been tied to that chair, in pain and hungry. Or worse.

But he didn't dwell on that. He pushed those thoughts to the very back of his mind to deal with later and focused on what was going on now. He was safe. He was alive. His friends were here. His family.

As he sat in the hospital bed, wearing an ugly gown with bandages wrapped around his head and a drip in his arm, with Patton curled up against him and Roman, Virgil, Remy and even Remus sitting around him laughing and talking, smiling non stop he felt an overwhelming sense of happiness. The kind that swells in your chest and warms you all over, making you feel lighter than air. He was ok.

He was safe.

———————————————————————

Did I write most of this sitting in the open boot of a moving car in between me and my twin learning to drive it cause my dads a mad man? Maybe.

Do I feel sick as fuck with a sore neck now? Absolutely.

Do I regret it? Slightly.

But I'm fineee lmao

Later🤟🏻