Nothing Happens Here🙃

Virgil eyes flickered open and he took in his unfamiliar surroundings with a wave of panic until he remembered where he was.
Patton's.

The events of the previous evening came flooding back to him and he sat up on the bed. He was still fully clothed but someone has removed his boots. He saw them lying next to the door in a heap.
Virgil sat on the bed, thinking, unsure of what he should. A knock on the door shook him from his thoughts.
He stood up and walked the short distance to the door and swung it open.

Patton was standing on the landing holding a towel.

"Morning!" He said brightly, thrusting the towel and Virgil. "I thought yo would want a shower,"

"Oh, thanks," Virgil hesitated, "Listen, um, should I be here? Like, are you're parents okay with it?"

"They're away for a few days so they won't mind,"

Virgil nodded and bit his lip, then went over to the bathroom to take a shower.
He took the chance to examine the new bruise on his side from the previous day. It was a dark mauve, tinged with a pale yellow and still throbbed gently when he touched it. He sighed as he looked at all the older bruises and cuts that were scattered over his torso and legs, then shook his head and went over to the shower.

————————————————

After he had showered Virgil slipped down the stairs and wandered into the kitchen. The house was quite warm so he had left off his jacket, but he was still wearing a long sleeved shirt. He didn't want to risk Patton or Logan seeing his arms.

Patton and Logan were discussing what subjects that had in school that day when Virgil came into the room. The mention of school reminded Virgil that he had none of his books.

"Shit," he muttered

Logan cocked his head questioningly at Virgil's outburst.

"I don't have any of my school books," he said, sighing and flopping into a chair, "Or my bag,"

"I have a spare bag I could lend you," Patton offered.

"Thanks, but what about my books?"

"Tell your teacher you lost them? Or just don't tell your teacher?"

"That works," A ghost of a smile flickered on Virgil's face before disappearing.
Patton was pleased. Even though he was much more confident in talking to him and Logan, Virgil was still extremely quiet and nervous most of the time.

Logan glanced at his watch and frowned.
"We should probably get going," he said.

Patton glanced at Virgil.
"You haven't had any breakfast," he said to him.

Virgil shrugged and stood up, presumably to grab his jacket.
"I don't really eat breakfast,"

Patton shook his head in concern but said nothing. Virgil was extremely thin but he didn't want to force him to eat anything. Still...it didn't stop him worrying.

-Time Skip-

Virgil's day went about the same as usual. His head got a few questioning looks but no one commented on it. That might have been because they didn't care or it may have been because Virgil glared fiercely at anyone who looked at him for more than 5 seconds. More likely the latter.

He kept a constant eye out for his notebook but there was no sign of it. Virgil was starting to worry that someone had taken it. It was very...personal. He would hate anyone looking at it. He had a bad feeling that the boy who had beat him up, Janus, Roman had called him, had grabbed it after he had fallen. Now that would be bad.

He managed to go through the day with out any confrontation although admittedly he did duck into a store closet twice; the first to avoid Janus and the second time to avoid Roman. Virgil didn't want to avoid him but he had that girl who he was almost 100% sure was, to his dismay, a girlfriend, with him. The way she had looked at Virgil made him want to avoid her at all costs.

———————————————
Oof sorry the ending was a bit flat😂

This chapter was just a filler but don't worry; I have plans😈

Yeah this may or may not get dark...
Ok that's all

Later🤟🏻