35

"Where's Yedam hyung?" Doyoung looked at his wrist watch.

"He might skip class today. He never gets tardy." Keita answered. Jiyeon just looked at Yedam's empty seat and looked away. She put her head down her desk.

"Ssaem!" She heard a heavy breathing from the door. "I'm sorry I'm late."

"This is the first time you are tardy, Yedam-ssi. Go to your seat now." The teacher ordered. Yedam bowed and hurriedly went to his seat.

"Ah hyung, why are you late? I thought you'll be absent for today."

"I almost thought of skipping class." Yedam fixed himself and looked at Jiyeon who's head is still down. "Is she sleeping?"

Both Doyoung and Keita shrugged.

"Noona-."

"Don't talk to me."

"Oops."

Yedam released a sigh, thinking about what he heard at the park. He bit his lip before talking. "Jiyeon-ah.. congrats, by the way."

Jiyeon gulped. "I got a perfect score 3 weeks ago, Bang Yedam."

But it isn't that... He just didn't bother to answer anymore. He tried his best to focus on the discussion, but he can't. He started writing letters, saying what he wants to say to Jiyeon.

Good that Jiyeon isn't looking or anyone else.

Jiyeon finally decided to put her head up, causing Yedam to close his notebook right away. Jiyeon would have snatched that notebook right away but she remembered that she's trying to avoid him.

She just payed attention to the teacher and Yedam continued writing his letter, covering it so she wouldn't be able to see it.

Since her hands are at her table, Yedam could see it.

See that she's not wearing her ring.

———

"I'm done, now~ I gotta go." Jiyeon finished her food and stood up right away to leave the boys. They furrowed they eyebrows.

Yedam released a sigh and finished his food as well. He drank water and stood up.

"Hyung, wait for us." Doyoung stopped him. "Not now, Doyoung." Yedam walked away, following Jiyeon. He knows that Jiyeon went to the school's garden so he went there as well.

When he came to the garden, he saw her sitting at the bench with her phone beside her ear. Just a few students are only hanging out in the garden.

He walked slowly towards her from her right side seeing her beautiful side profile.

She looked down. "Arasso. Bye Yoonbin." She bit her lower lip and hanged up. She released a deep sigh, looking around.

Jiyeon was surprised, seeing this guy sat beside her. She stood up and attempted to walk away. Yedam caught her wrist and looked down. "Talk to me."

"Uhh.. I'm going to do something."

"So you're always busy? Even if you really aren't. Yeah, right." He looked at her. "Sit beside me, Kim Jiyeon."

She just sighed and did what he said. "How are you?" He asked, looking away.

"Good."

"I saw you on your phone.. did you and Yoonbin hyung fight?"

Jiyeon laughed a bit. "Why would we fight? We're always in good terms."

He nodded. "I see."

"Just letting you know, Jiyeon." She looked at him, waiting for his words. "I'm missing you."

Calm you ass down, Kim Jiyeon! She thought as she looked away. What do I fucking say?!

"Uhh.. yeah. I-I miss you too."

He slightly smiled.

"You promised to me, right?"

She looked at him with curiosity. "Promised what?"

"You'll never leave my side."

"On your birthday."

He chuckled. "The hoodie, the panda... the ring."

Hearing that, she hid her left hand. "Ah.. Yedam I-."

"I just really don't understand why you're avoiding me. I don't understand why the fuck are you ignoring me. I'm just here, waiting for you to talk to me but even I try my best to talk to you just walk away." He ran his fingers through his hair. "We're seat mates and awkwardness is always with us just because we're not talking."

What do I say..

"It has been just a month and you had already removed the ring. I get you."

He released a sigh. "I'll request a new seating arrangement so you won't find it hard to avoid me." He stood up, not letting Jiyeon to speak.

"Bang Yedam."

He stopped, not turning back. "Oh, and congrats to you and Yoonbin hyung." He continued to walk away.

She furrowed her eyebrows

"What?"