1671-1680

Chapter 1671: Might of the Profound Sword Qi

At that crucial moment, two resplendent balls of light emerged from Jian Chen, one azure and one violet. They turned into two swords that shot towards the old man.

Ding!

The twin swords collided heavily against the old man's red sword. There was the screeching of metal as residual sword Qi was sent flying off in all directions. When it struck the tough ground, it left behind deep holes.

The twin swords retreated right after the clash, arriving above Jian Chen's head. Jian Chen gripped the Zi Ying Sword, and his head full of red hair began to dance despite the lack of wind. His red pupils stared at the grey-robed old man emotionlessly. He had completely lost his mind and himself in that moment, only leaving behind an instinctive desire for destruction and slaughter. He had also gripped the Zi Ying Sword out of instinct.

Shen Jian stood from afar as he stared fixedly at Jian Chen. He became extremely stern because he could no longer sense any familiarity from Jian Chen at all. There was only a sense of unfamiliarity. He had almost thought that Jian Chen had become the crisis of the world because Jian Chen just felt too similar to the crisis of the world right now.

"Jian Chen!" Shen Jian bellowed out thunderously in an attempt to wake Jian Chen from his corrupted state. He had already guessed that something probably went wrong when he was cultivating in the blood-red cloud.

However, Jian Chen did not respond at all; it was like he did not hear Shen Jian's call at all.

At the same time, the voices of the sword spirits rang out in Jian Chen's head. They were frantic as they tried to awaken him, but they also failed.

Suddenly, there was a flash of red light that shot towards Jian Chen with a ball of intense flames. The old man wielded his fire-red sword, and his presence surged. He directly charged towards Jian Chen with heavy killing intent.

At the same time, the corrupted Jian Chen moved as well. He turned into a red blur and began to clash with the old man.

Even though Jian Chen had lost his mind after being corrupted, where only the instincts for destruction and slaughter remained, he had become even more powerful than before. Violet and azure sword Qi shook up the surrounding space within the flames, wreaking havoc in the surroundings by spreading as powerful ripples of energy. The ground sank, and dust was kicked into the air, causing the region where they fought to become hazy.

For that period of time, Jian Chen actually managed to fight against the early God on equal grounds, having been corrupted and using the twin swords. The great disparity in their strength had been made up all of a sudden. Jian Chen also used various sword techniques one after another. He used the Daluo Sword, Taiyi Sword Technique, and Linear Lightning Release several times. He had not regained his consciousness and instead used the sword techniques completely out of his instincts.

Jian Chen and the old man became more and more injured. Both of them were covered in blood, but they fought even more intensely as time went on. However, at a closer glance, there were several times more wounds on Jian Chen than the old man. He had clearly lost the upper hand.

However, the greatness of the Chaotic Body was fully demonstrated at that moment. Even after losing his mind, his Chaotic Body's superior regeneration remained, so his wounds actually healed at a visible rate. However, the rate of regeneration was nowhere as fast as the rate at which he was injured.

The old man narrowed his eyes at the sight of this. He became extremely shocked, "What is this cultivation method? It's so amazing. Not only can it allow Deities to fight against Gods, but just the regeneration is so powerful as well. If I obtained this cultivation method..." Thinking this, a sliver of greed immediately appeared in the old man's eyes. Although he knew that there would be downsides to the cultivation method, he could accept and work with some disadvantages, given that his strength could skyrocket.