1691-1700

Chapter 1691: The Lu Family's Meeting

After devouring the ten thousand low grade divine crystals, the Seven-colored Heaven-devouring Beast continued to stare at Jian Chen as if it had not had enough.

Jian Chen used his finger to flick the Seven-colored Heaven-devouring Beast's head. He joked, "You sure aren't polite, little guy. Aren't you afraid of eating till you burst?"

The Seven-colored Heaven-devouring Beast rubbed against Jian Chen's cheek forcefully and stared at Jian Chen pitifully. It clearly wanted more divine crystals from Jian Chen.

"Jian Chen, if I've observed correctly, it should be a divine beast. Every single divine beast is blessed by the heavens and possesses extremely terrifying talent. Both its rate of growth and battle prowess is extremely shocking. You can even describe it as heaven-defying. Only those prodigies of large clans and sects can stand against them with the same level of cultivation. As a matter of fact, many of these prodigies even fall short. If you raise it well, this divine beast will become a very powerful helper in the future," fairy Hao Yue's voice rang out.

"It's just a pity that this divine beast refuses to follow me, or I would definitely pour my heart out into raising it," Jian Chen smiled gently. At the same time, he glanced at the crystal casket nearby. Even now, he still felt rather doubtful inside, confused as to why the Seven-colored Heaven-devouring Beast had followed Kai Ya out of its own free will, and it even remained by her side without taking a single step away to protect her while she was unconscious.

Although the Winged Tiger God that was also a divine beast had followed Jian Chen, the circumstances were completely different. Back then, Rum Guinness had entrusted the Winged Tiger God to him before it had even opened its eyes. It had grown with him, going through several trials and tribulations. Without any exaggeration, he could say that he had single-handedly raised the Winged Tiger God, so their connection would naturally be extremely deep. However, Jian Chen refused to believe that Kai Ya and the Seven-colored Heaven-devouring Beast had gone through something like that in the past before.

"People have fortuitous encounters that belong to them. Maybe this is Kai Ya's fortuitous encounter," Jian Chen thought. That was the only way he could explain it.

"You have to take over that high grade divine crystal mine. I'm in desperate need of origin energy to reconstruct my body. Once I have a perfect body, I'll be able to help you solve some of your problems," fairy Hao Yue continued. The amount of origin energy she required to reconstruct a perfect body was extremely tremendous. Jian Chen had obtained over a million low grade divine crystals, but it was far from enough.

"I won't give up on the mine because I am in desperate need of high grade divine crystals for cultivation as well," Jian Chen said. He threw another ten thousand low grade divine crystals to the Seven-colored Heaven-devouring Beast before leaving the Bright Moon Divine Hall.

Only after devouring twenty thousand low grade divine crystals did the Seven-colored Heaven-devouring Beast show a sliver of satisfaction. It leaned on the crystal casket and began absorbing the origin energy within the divine crystals while its presence gradually increased with its constant absorption. It absorbed the crystals so quickly that it shocked everyone in the Bright Moon Divine Hall.

Jian Chen returned to the seventh hall in the Mo clan. He entered seclusion in another room. Right now, he had not found enough divine crystals for him to make any progress with his Chaotic Body. If he could not break through, then his strength would not increase at all even if he absorbed all the divine crystals he possessed. At most, it would just make his chaotic neidan slightly larger.