1861-1870

Chapter 1861: Benefiting Greatly

"You want to use the lives of your Ling family to exchange for the millions of lives in the provincial city? Haha, you wish," commander Liu Shan stood on the black clouds and laughed fiercely. His cold eyes were filled with a bloodthirsty craziness. He extended a finger, and several strands immediately broke away from the black net that enveloped the entire provincial city. They wounded around several dozen cultivators.

"Ling Mojian, let me repeat myself again. If you want to save the millions of lives in the city, get Ling Hougong to show his ass immediately. I don't have that much time to waste with you. I'll kill a group of people for every day you waste. I'll keep that up until Ling Hougong appears," Liu Shan said coldly. He closed his hand, and the black threads immediately tightened. Like knives, they cut the people trapped in threads to pieces.

The cultivators all cried out miserably. Their bodies were reduced to pieces as blood dyed the streets. Even their souls failed to escape, as the black threads had cut it into pieces, so it dispersed as a result.

All the people of the Ling family watched this happen silently. All of their hearts weighed very heavily.

The Ling family was a mighty clan with an Overgod. With the entire divine kingdom in perspective, they were an existence that stood at the top, yet before the three Overgods of the Empyrean Demon Cult, they were so insignificant. They could not even fight back. They were reduced to sitting ducks.

The people of the Ling family were greatly affected by what happened that day.

However, they could not do anything about it. The Empyrean Demon Cult was just too powerful.

"Doesn't your heart hurt? Fair enough, the people I'm killing have nothing to do with your Ling family. No matter how many of them I kill, it won't hurt your heart at all. Since that's the case..."

Liu Shan looked at the people hiding in the formation. He smiled coldly, and a black sword appeared in his hand. He directly swung it at the formation.

The strike was filled with a demonic aura. It caused the thick demonic clouds in the sky to churn. They seemed to be a part of the sword, so when Liu Shan swung down, it pulsed violently. A black sword condensed from the clouds emerged from the mass, moving with his sword. It landed on the protective barrier of the Ling family with devastating power.

Rumble!

This was a powerful strike from a mid Overgod. It was so powerful that it had surpassed the imaginations of all the people in the province. The protective formation of the Ling family suddenly shattered with a deafening boom.

Powerful energy splayed out, reducing all the building of the Ling family to ruins. Countless people vomited blood as their blood drained from their faces.

A few weaker of the servants directly lost their lives under the powerful pulse of energy.

"I'll kill the people of the Ling family then. I'll kill one every day until Ling Hougong appears," said Liu Shan. He appeared before a God of the clan as if he had teleported and smashed his head to pieces with a palm strike, destroying his soul.

An elder of the Ling family died just like that!

...

The matter of the three Overgods pinning down the Swordseeking province spread very quickly like a storm. Very soon, the news made its way across the entire Divine Kingdom of Pingtian and even beyond that. It caused a huge uproar.

Back to the ninth floor of the royal collection in the royal palace of the Divine Kingdom of Pingtian.

Jian Chen currently sat on the floor. He held an ancient scroll; he was completely absorbed in it. He devoted all his attention to it.