1971-1980

Chapter 1971: A Single Strand of Sword Qi

Kai Ya shook her head as she looked at how flustered Jian Chen had become. She said seriously, "I'm not running. If we're going to run, you run first. My life was saved by you. How can I run away all by myself when you're in danger?" Kai Ya's calm voice was firm.

"H- how are you so stupid? This is a Primordial realm expert. He's so powerful that even if we work together, we won't be able to put up a fight at all. He has come especially for me, and it has nothing to do with you. If you leave, he won't pursue you, but if you stay, you'll just lose your life for nothing," Jian Chen said in a panic. He hoped to persuade Kai Ya to leave.

He knew just how great the difference between him and Primordial realm experts was. It was basically a chasm. As a result, he had already given up on running before an expert like that.

This was because he understood that even if he used the Linear Lightning Release before someone like that, he would not be able to escape.

"Hehe. Jian Chen, you're about to die, yet you're still worrying about other people. It looks like this girl is quite important to you. Whatever. Since that's the case, I'll kill you both," Huai An's sneer rang out like thunder. Afterwards, the clouds in the sky churned wildly and condensed into a huge palm that gave off a terrifying, devastating presence.

At the same time, the other two vice-leaders of the Empyrean Demon Cult sat within a hall as black mist completely shrouded their bodies.

"It looks like this Huai An really can't resist moving against Jian Chen..." An old voice rang out. The vice-leader called elder Sen had spoken, and there was some helplessness on his face.

"I knew this would happen. Huai An is a vengeful person after all. Not only has Jian Chen protected the successor of Huai An's enemy, Duanmu, but Huai An was also forced to do things against his will recently with how Yaxi Lian was captured and used against him by the divine king. In the end, he could only agree to the divine king's ceasefire without any other choice. Jian Chen directly contributed to this, so how can Huai An not resent him? Moreover, the brat called Jian Chen really does possess impressive talent. If he manages to mature successfully, he'll definitely become a peak expert. As a result, Huai An needs to move now to kill him before he has fully grown up, or Huai An will be the one in trouble once Jian Chen truly becomes powerful," said Yi Huayue.

"I don't care about Jian Chen's life or death. It's just that I don't feel like the reactions from above are as simple as they seem regarding the loss of the blood and soul beads. There must be something hidden in there we don't know. I even suspect that the loss of the blood and soul beads were planned by the higher-ups."

"If it really was planned, I'm afraid that Huai An might ruin it all if he attacks Jian Chen. The consequence of that isn't something we can bear," elder Sen said with some worry.

"Elder Sen, we've already warned Huai An. It's he who insists on doing it. If his actions really do foil the plans of the higher-ups, it'll be his burden alone to bear. It has nothing to do with us," said Yi Huayue. Although the three vice-leaders possessed different strengths, their statuses were the same, so they did not have the authority to stick their noses into each other businesses. Now that Huai An had set off all by himself, the two of them had no right to interfere.

"That's reasonable. In short, we can't take part in this matter. Let's just wait and see," nodded elder Sen.

Huai An hovered in the demonic clouds within the Divine Kingdom of Pingtian. As his palm pressed down gently, the hand condensed from the endless clouds immediately crushed down towards Jian Chen and Kai Ya with a terrifying pressure.