Before we get started

Before getting started I want to point out some things.

Warning: English is not my first language!

1- This is a completely made up story with its own characters. The journey is set to start at the same time that Luffy heads out on his. That means, that both Luffy and (Y/N) set out to sea on the exact same day.

2- If the characters in the story would meet the Straw Hat Crew, the story in the original manga will be change in order to fit in my characters.

3-The original story, in such occasions as stated in #2, will not have any drastically big changes unless I desire it to.

4- Pleas be patient with the story, I have a different way in mind to write it, but in doing so it will take a while to publish new chapters in a consistent matter. Again, if you are going to read this please be very patient.

5-This is my story and I can do what I want with it.

6- Some quotes where taken directly from the One Piece manga. The first example of this is in the introduction page.

7- Just to clarify any confusions, the start of the story is based several years in the past. A perfect example of this is in chapter one of the One Piece manga.

8- Devil Fruit names will be kept in English, for reasons.

9- Note that this is the first male reader insert I'm doing so I'm sorry if I do mistakes, literally never done this before.

10- In the story there will be lines like so ———— this one will be use as transition from past to present and vice versa. And a double line will be use as a time skip
————
————

11- The character page will be present after this informative page. Those who don't wish to see the characters before the chapter that they are introduced in, please skip it and start reading from the "Great Pirate Era" page.

12- In parts of the story you will find that I write in character dialog "crewmen" as the plural of "crewman". I write this to represent multiple pirates talking, I'm just lazy and don't want to write pirate 1, pirate 2, pirate 3, etc. So when you see "crewmen" speaking, picture different pirates talking.

13- When ever a character design is shown with a gun, I want you to see it a gun you would find in the world of One Piece. For example, if there where to be an image that has a super high-tech futuristic looking gun, you'll have to imagine one that is a the standers of One Piece, unless describe otherwise.