~ Star ~

»You a shy, why you go and change my mind?
Oh God, make me freeze, look in my eye.
Oh my, look at you, you can't feel high.
To the night, you and me, we gon' ignite.«

Isak ate some raspberries for breakfast.
While he sat in the tram on the way to school, he texted Even.
Isak: Hey Even! It's me, Isak.
Isak waited for Even to respond. It was nerve-wracking.

Even: Halla! Thought you'd never text. ;-)
Isak: Nah, I would never not text you.
Isak cringed at that response. Grr.

Even: Heh :-) Well, I'm done with working at 2 pm today, do you want to hang out?
Isak's heart almost stopped beating. Even was asking him to hang out with him? Wow, what a time to be alive!
Isak: Yeah, I'd love to! I'm going to pick you up after school, I'm getting out there at 3:30 pm.
Even: Okay, see you then. Have a good time at school, Genius Valtersen. ;-)
Isak: Takk. See you later :D

Isak couldn't help but smile.
He hadn't been truly happy in quite a while, so this bubbly feeling that was in his stomach felt weird but good.
The tram stopped and Isak got up.
After greeting his friends and chatting with them, he walked into his classroom.
Luckily his first lesson was biology, which he liked a lot.

During the lunch break, Isak didn't stop texting Even.
"What are you smiling at, Isak?", Mahdi asked, seeing the smile that didn't leave Isak's lips as he was texting with Even.
"Uh, nothing", Isak said, not looking up from the screen.
Magnus joined the three. "Hei gutter!", he chirped, chewing on a piece of bread.
"Hei Magnus", Jonas responded, putting his phone into the pocket of his jeans.
"What are we doing tonight? Any plans?", Magnus asked while he put the rest of the bread back into the bag that he had bought it in.
Jonas shrugged before he said: "Nei, we haven't made any plans yet."
Isak's head shot up. "Hva? What, do you want to go somewhere tonight, Magnus?", Isak asked confused.
"Ja, why not?", Magnus asked back, sounding even more confused.
"Well, it's Tirsdag today. Isn't Friday our 'we're going to a party tonight'-day and not Tuesday?", Isak asked, placing his phone on the table before he took a sip of his coffee.
"Well yeah, but I thought it'd be nice if we all would go out tonight. Since you weren't with us during the weekend and stuff", Magnus said.
Mahdi spun his empty coffee cup around before he asked: "Isak, why don't you want to party with us? Do you've already made plans or what?"

Nobody said anything for a few seconds before Isak cleared his throat.
"Umm yeah, I've already made plans", Isak said, noticing that he'd run out of coffee.
Before Mahdi or Magnus could say anything else, Isak got up from his chair.
"I've run out of coffee, boys. I'm going to Kaffeebrenneriet and buy a new one", he said.
The boys nodded and Isak left.
He walked across the schoolyard and crossed the street. The Café was only a few blocks away, so he would make it back to school on time.

Even was humming along to "5 fine frøkner", cleaning up the kitchen counter.
The Café wasn't too crowded right now, a few people were sitting at the tables.
Isak made his way in, already seeing Even from afar.
Even's back was facing Even, so Isak sat down at one of the tables and pulled out his phone.
He decided to send Even a text message.

Isak: Halla Even. :D
Isak looked up from his phone, waiting for Even's reaction.
Even: Halla Isak. :-)
Another quick look at Even was enough to make Isak happy.
Even was looking at his phone, his face was beaming with happiness because of Isak's text.
Isak: Guess where I am right now.
Even: Hopefully not in a class, because I don't want to distract you or anything.
Isak: Nei, nei. Don't worry, it's lunch break now.
Even: Nice! Umm, you're at the schoolyard, chatting with your friends?
Isak: Nope, I already did that.