~ Kids? ~

»It feels like time has stopped.
Baby, would you look at the time?
It feels like time has stopped.«

Today was a quiet, rainy Monday.
Isak was still asleep but Even wasn't.

When 11 am came around, Isak woke up as well.
He was wearing one of Even's white shirts, which was way too big on him.
"Evy?", Isak asked, Even wasn't laying next to him.
Isak decided to get up and walk to the kitchen.

Even was standing at the stove, cooking some scrambled eggs with bacon.
Isak's heart warmed at the sight - he just loved it when his boyfriend was making breakfast for them.
Even turned around to place the tables with the scrambled eggs and the bacon on the kitchen counter.
"Halla Isy, did you sleep well?", Even asked a soft smile on his lips.
"Yeah, I slept alright. Thank you so much for making breakfast", Isak said, giving Even a quick peck on the cheek before taking his plate to the table.
The two sat down at the table and ate their breakfast.

"Isak, I have a question. Do you ever want to have kids?", Even asked, taking a big sip of his cup of tea.
"Well", Isak said, swallowing his scrambled eggs first, "yes. One day, I'd loved to be a dad. And I'd love to see you become a dad, too."
Even smiled. The imagination of him raising a baby girl or a baby boy with his beloved boyfriend Isak made him so unbelievably happy.

"Klara! Did you take Nila's hairbrush again?", Isak asked while walking up the stairs.
A blonde haired girl with two ponytails appeared in front of Isak.
"Nei daddy, I did not. Nila must have taken it to the bedroom while sleepwalking again", Klara said, her blue eyes were shining.
Suddenly, a very upset Nila walked up to the two.
"Dad, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to make such a drama out of it. I found my hairbrush, it was under my bed", Nila said while pressing her stuffed teddy closer to her chest.
Isak smiled.
"Hey, it's okay. C'mon, let's go and wake up our Papa", Klara said, taking her sister's hand into her own.
The two walked downstairs, Isak followed them.

Even had taken a nap on the sofa.
Nila was 5 and Klara was 8, but they already understood that their father had episodes.
Isak and Even had explained it to them a few months ago.
Klara had been a bit scared, but Nila had tried to cheer her up with lots of cuddling and a lot of Disney movies.

Nila carefully sat down next to Even.
Her small hand went through his long, blonde hair.
Blue eyes looked into hazel eyes.
"Halla Nila", Even whispered, a weak smile went over his lips.
"Halla Papa", Nila responded with a smile.
Even sat up, his husband immediately sat down next to him.
"Hei darling", Even said before Isak kissed him.
"Hei. Are you feeling a bit better?", Isak asked he knew how much Even hated that question. But he asked him almost every day regardless of how much Even hated it.
"Yeah, thanks to you and our kids being here, right by my side", Even said, his blue eyes were a bit less lifeless than the days before.

Nila got up from the sofa.
She pulled her older sister closer to herself.
Now everyone sat on the sofa, all cuddled up together.
Isak smiled, happiness was flooding through his veins.
"Oh boy, I sure love our family", Even said and Klara nodded.
"Yep, we do, too", Nila and Klara said in unison.

Isak's cheeks were hurting from smiling, but he said: "And I do, too."
After a while, Nila said: "Dad, Papa, I don't mean to interrupt our little family moment here, but can we continue watching "Harry Potter and the chamber of secrets" now? We need to continue at the part, where Professor Dumbledore talks to Hagrid. All thanks to my sister, who had to fall asleep."
Klara smiled softly before she said, in an apologetic tone: "Sorry about that, but the last day of school was rough."
Even grinned. "Alright girls. Let's watch some more Harry Potter then", he said before he got up to put the DVD into the DVD-Player.
Isak covered his kids in a big, red blanket, which happened to be their favorite blanket.

While the DVD was loading, Even looked deep into his husband's eyes.
"I love you, Isy", Even whispered against Isak's lips.
"And I love you, even more, sweetie", Isak said before their lips collided.
Klara rolled her eyes, but she smiled. "C'mon dads, the movie is about to start", she said and the two pulled apart with a wide grin on their faces.

They really did love their family wholeheartedly.

"Even? Even? Were you listening to what I've been saying?", Isak asked.
Even shook his head for a second. "Sorry, I've been daydreaming a bit", he admitted.
Isak smiled.
"And about what, my dear?", Isak asked with a smile on his face.
"About the little family we two will sooner or later have", Even said while getting up and carrying the dishes to the dishwasher.

Isak sat down on the kitchen counter.
"I bet our kids were adorable", he said and Even smiled.
"They will be adorable. First, they will annoy the crap out of us. Then, they will leave their toys everywhere and then they will complain about their homework.
But one day, they will come to us for advice. They will tell us how nervous they are before their first date or their first job interview", Even said, he could go on and on.
Isak gave him a kiss.
"Don't worry Even, you'll be the best father the world has ever seen", Isak said and Even grinned.

"We'll be the best dads in town", Even said and Isak smiled.
"Yeah! And we'll annoy them with our favorite song. Later, when they will have a phone, we'll send them the link to the song every time when they're away on class trips or sleepovers", Isak said.
Even put his nose against Isak's.

"I love you so much, baby", Isak whispered.
"I love you more, number one Vivian", Even said before the two kissed each other.

Their love was strong,
Their love was beautiful.
But most important -
It was their own,
Unique love.
Isak og Even -
Together until death would do them apart.
—————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

(Wortcount: 1077 words)

This story is now over.
I hope you enjoyed it!
I had fun writing it.
Enjoy your day/evening/night and 'til next time!