~ Reveal ~

»You only love me for the glow up, ayy, ayy.
Damn you actin' solo.
Dice, rollin' dice like I'm Soho.
Ice, smokin' ice like I'm so cold.
Damn, baby girl, talkin' out and you a no show.«

Jonas greeted Isak with a handshake.
After they had found a place to sit, Isak looked at his phone.
The second break had just started, only two more lessons and the lunch break would finally give him some rest.
Honestly, a 20-minute long break couldn't be it.
Quickly, Isak opened WhatsApp and sent a message to Even.

Isak: Halla sweetiepie <3 Is it okay if I tell my four close friends about our relationship? I wanted to come out to them and I thought I could connect that.
Even aka. Mannen i mitt liv: Yes, that's totally fine. I am so proud of you and I love you so much.
Isak: Thank you, Evy. Love you so much <3
Even aka. Mannen i mitt liv: Aww Issy <3
Isak: Evy <3

"And? What's going on?", Jonas asked. Isak's head snapped up, totally shocked because of the voice interrupting him being too caught up in his own world.
"Yeah, what's up? You're usually the first one right in front of the school, but you were already standing outside. Did something happen or what?", Mahdi asked.

Isak gulped.
"Nei, nothing happened. It's just- I just talked to someone and left my PE lesson earlier than usual", Isak then answered, trying not to rip his nails out due to the nervousness that was running through his veins.
"Ah okay and who did you talk to?", Mahdi kept on asking, being his curious self.
Isak's brows went up. "A good friend of mine", Isak said, cringing at the word 'friend'.
Even was his boyfriend now, for hell's sake.
But he couldn't say that yet. Isak had to out himself first.

Or did he really have to?
Who was deciding that?
Nobody but himself!
Isak had enough of this twisted 'hiding and lying'-game that he had been playing for way too long now.
"Well", Isak began, afraid his muscles could snap any minute because of how anxious he was, "he's more than a good friend."
Jonas and Mahdi nodded, but Magnus had to completely freak out.
He was too excited.
"More than a good friend?! More than a good friend?!", he yelled, so loud that almost the whole school could hear.
Some students on the schoolyard looked at them.

Magnus waved at them.
"Magnus!", Isak whispered, slightly angry that Magnus had to snap like that.
"What? I'm just- I'm just so freaking excited!", Magnus whispered back, showing his teeth while grinning.
He took a bite of his sandwich and continued to smile, some bits of the sandwich were showing.
"Eww bro, shut your mouth while you're eating!", Jonas said, grimacing in disgust.
Magnus' green eyes stopped glowing for a second before he closed his mouth.
"Better now?", he mumbled around the food and Jonas sighed.
"Yeah, if you stop talking while you're eating, then you should be good", Jonas said and Magnus smiled with his mouth closed.

"So he's your boyfriend then? Do we even know him?", Mahdi asked, leaning back on the bench the four sat on.
"Yeah, we are together and I am, in fact, gay. And no, you guys don't know him", Isak said and the fear in his body died immediately.
Wow, it really felt good to finally be himself. Like Even had said.
"And how did you two meet?", Jonas asked.
"Remember Monday and how I left off to go buy some more coffee during lunch break? How I didn't come back and skipped the last 90 minutes of school?", Isak asked and all the boys nodded. A few "ahh!"'s went around.
"I drank my coffee there, I didn't walk around the town like I told you guys. I lied because I wasn't ready to tell you about the thing between me and him. I actually didn't know what that between us was myself, so I lied. I'm sorry about that. But anyway, we ended up talking to each other, because he brought me my coffee and I wanted someone to talk to.
He told me pretty much all about himself and I told him pretty much everything about me as well", Isak said and the boys' eyes widened.

"But you two didn't even know each other", Magnus said, sounding like Even could've murdered Isak with all the information he had given him about himself.
"Yeah, but I trusted him somehow. Plus I wouldn't have done it if he hadn't done it first", Isak said, leaning back on the bench.
Magnus took a bite of his sandwich, still a bit shocked.
"What's his name?", Magnus asked the bite of the sandwich had been swallowed too fast which caused him to cough now.
"Even. Even Bech Næsheim", Isak said, pride filled his body.
"Wow, what a beautiful name", Jonas said.

"When are we going to meet him, though?", Mahdi asked, his curiosity had almost ripped him apart.
Isak's eyes widened. He hadn't thought about that.
"Soon, soon. I don't want to pressure him and I need to see if there's a depressive episode coming up. I don't want him to feel forced to meet you guys when he's depressed. He's bipolar", Isak said, inhaling deeply.
"Oh! Oh! My mom's bipolar too. So if you should ever have a question, go to Even first and then come to me", Magnus said, way too excited again.
"Yeah, I'll do that. Thanks", Isak said before he gave Magnus a hug.
"Group hug!", Isak yelled and everyone hugged Magnus, he hugged the boys back.

Isak was so happy to have such awesome friends.
He was so thankful for Magnus, for Mahdi, for Jonas and for Eva, which he had to talk to again.
They had kind of lost each other, because of everything going on. School, mental illness and stuff.
Isak felt endlessly blessed.

Having such amazing friends wasn't something everyone had.
—————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

(Wortcount: 1000 words)