chapter 3

"So you broke up with her when you came to London," Simon says astonished after I tell him all about Sally, showing him pictures I still have saved on my phone.

"Yeh, right after prom" I reply guiltily, "I never said a proper goodbye, it was over the phone. Never have I ever felt so guilty about something, I mean I always think what is she doing now? Does she still think about me? I'be always wondered."

"I'm sorry about that Harry. Anyway maybe she still thinks about you, why don't you go in case you see her and so you can see all your old mates anyway?" Simon replies sympathetically.

"Maybe I'll go, it would be nice to go back to Guernsey for the weekend" I consider.

"Good mate, I'm happy for you. Right, I think Lux wants me to film a video with him."

"Have fun, I'm going out anyway, I'll see you later, Nando's with the guys right?"

"Of course" he replies winking at me.

*a few weeks later*

-- sally's point of view --

Olivia drags me round duty-free while I'm on the phone to my boss, he's giving me an annoying list of things I'm due to do in New York, mainly things I already knew. I am supposed to be writing about Coach's new collection of bags, then, I'm to be at the majority of different runway shows for New York Fashion Week. He's talking about how he wants me to spend a few extra weeks there so I could cooperate with our New York office, since apparently 'they're lacking lately'. I argue with him and say no at first but within a 20 minute phone call, I'm suddenly spending 5 weeks in New York. Luckily I've brought many clothes and I'm not having to pay for my stay so I could even do some touristy shit whilst I was there.

"Oi Sal, isn't this that perfume you used up and cried about?" Olivia screams from another aisle, I walk over to her, and she is holding a perfume that I have that had run out of but still sits on my drawers at home. It's the last perfume Harry had ever bought me. I smile and take it from her hand, I consider buying it but decide it wouldn't be the same since it isn'tt from Harry. I place it back down on the shelf and Liv gives me a sympathetic look as she can see I don't want to talk about it.

"So I'm staying in New York for five weeks instead of two, you gonna be okay with that?" I say changing the subject.

"Oh, yeh I'll be fine. I've got some shoots in Greece in a couple of weeks so I'll be out there for a week probably. Why you out there for so long anyway?" She asks looking confused.

"Chris told me that the New York office isn't working great at the moment or something so I have to go sort them out," I reply.

"Oh sounds fun" she laughed. I agree then am about to comment on that but over the loudspeakers, they announce our flight and we make our way to the gate. We board our flight and immediately I fall asleep not even aware that we haven't even taken off.

Once we land in Guernsey, Liv shakes me awake and tells me we were getting off. I get up groggily, walking behind Liv as we make our way to baggage claim. When we get outside of the airport, we get in a taxi and give the driver the directions to our hotel near my old home. It is now I can feel myself getting more nervous as I think more about seeing Harry. I can't tell whether I want to see him or not, I am just feeling extremely anxious.

After we get to the hotel, we dump our stuff in the room we are sharing. Liv begs me to take her around Guernsey, however, I am more interested in settling my nerves with a few drinks so I tell her about a few places she should go to. I feel guilty that I am leaving her, I just don't know if I can handle going around the island without being sick.

The bar is actually quite nice and I suddenly find myself quite tipsy after managing to drink glass after glass of white wine. After a while, I am quite lost in my own thoughts until I hear a familiar voice come from the other side of the bar. I look over at the person standing there to see that perfect face I hadn't seen in years. I realise my breathing rate has shortened and I am staring at him. He hasn't changed at all, and I can see him smiling at the bartender as he orders his drink.  

As I continued to stare, he looks around the entire bar. He notices me and our eyes lock, neither of us looking away from the other.

a/n please vote and comment xoxo