chapter 6

Turns out I'd fallen back into a deep sleep as I wake up to Liv shaking me. She is already dressed and had done her hair and makeup.

"Jesus Liv, do you mind?" I say getting up slowly. My head is suddenly banging, I realise that I'd maybe drunk a bit too much last night.

"No, I don't actually. I wanna do something today before your reunion," she states, "plus you're being a lazy asshole."

I give her a scowl jokingly and make my way to the bathroom, I stare at myself in the mirror and remember all the ordeals of last night and what must have been early this morning. Alcohol can honestly be a bitch sometimes. I brushe my teeth and grab the towel from the railing and hop in the shower. I wash my hair and body before getting out and going back into the room. Liv had left a note saying she'd gone downstairs to grab coffees, she knew me too well. I shuffle through my suitcase and decide what I am going to wear today.

I decide on a Yves Saint Laurent shirt from this season with a pair of high waisted shorts, I then grab my favourite pair of Vans from my suitcase and put them on for when we go out

Liv comes back with coffees, and we make our way to my parents house so I can see them at least before I go to New York. It is the first time I have been to my old home since my parents usually visit me in London instead.

I decide since I am in my old town I would take Liv down to the old café I'd worked at for a while and grab lunch then take her to my favourite beach a couple of miles from my old house.

The beach is quite small and is surrounded by trees. I always liked to come down here to read and study because the sound of the waves chilled me out. There were occasional times I'd get woken up by my brother or mum because I'd been late for dinner and had fallen asleep on the beach.

I sigh seeing how different it is now. There are obviously more people using it now because there are marks were campfires have been made and a general increase in the amount of rubbish around.

Me and Liv stay on the beach for around three hours before we decide to go back to get ready for my reunion.

"Oi do you know what you're wearing Liv?" I call to Liv who is reapplying makeup in the bathroom.

"Yeah, I'm wearing that Chanel dress I wore to the last runway" she says walking back into the room and pulling it out of her suitcase.

"Alright, I'm not gonna wear a dress then." I proceed to pick out an outfit that I am gonna wear to a runway in a couple of weeks. It is a matching blazer trouser co ord that went well with a piece of lingerie I have.

 It is a matching blazer trouser co ord that went well with a piece of lingerie I have

I pair it with a pair of strappy black heels and a YSL bag I have been sent recently. There are perks to being a fashion writer, getting free bags and clothes to wear. It is also chic enough to wear through the airport so I was happy about that.

Once we are both dressed we make our way to the venue, I booked a taxi earlier so I can come back to the hotel to grab my suitcase, so I can quickly get to the airport to fly to London then New York.

The venue is my old school, it hasn't changed at all though. From the chairs to the posters to the teachers, everything is exactly the same and it feels a bit too nostalgic to be in these halls again.

I decide to not drink any alcohol because I am flying later on, but Liv is having a great time talking to all of my old friends who I think recognise her from Vogue. God it's a small world.

I notice my old friend Lottie and we chat for about half an hour before she asks about Harry. She was there for me after the break up and was even dating one of Harry's best mates at the time so we were always hanging out. I don't dare tell her about last night, I just tell her that I haven't spoken to him in ages and wasn't that bothered anymore. It is a total lie, I just don't want to get judged by her for sleeping with him.

I try to avoid Harry but he doesn't even seem to be here to avoid. So I think perhaps he is doing the same or didn't even bother to come in the end.

I get a phone call from the taxi company I had booked telling me my taxi was here so I find Liv and say my goodbyes. She doesn't want to leave and is obviously having a very merry time. I shout her over the loud music that I'd book her another taxi for eleven, since that was when tonight finishes, to go back to the hotel. She thanks me and tells me to 'get my ass to New York', I laugh, give her another hug and walk away, waving her goodbye.

I get back to the hotel, grab my suitcase and put my earphones in and listen to music all the way to the airport. The Guernsey airport is quite small so it isn't difficult or stressful to get through security and all else.

Once we fly into Heathrow airport I get off of my flight and find my suitcase from baggage claim and then check it back in for my new flight. I have a couple of hours until my flight so I grab a bite to eat in Pret and have a look around duty free.

"Flight 240 to New York now boarding at Gate 4. Flight 240 please make your way to Gate 4 now." is called over the speakers.

I make my way in that direction, show them my passport and boarding pass and sit in my seat. I place my earphones in my ears after the safety check, play music and end up sleeping the whole journey to New York.

a/n please vote and comment xoxo