chapter 8

I grab a taxi outside the airport and give the driver the address to where Liv is. I ask him if he can possibly find me a shop nearby so I can grab myself I bite to eat and some paracetamol to take because I have a cracking headache that is honestly getting on my nerves.

It doesn't take too long for him to get through London and thankfully he waits for me whilst I go into the Tesco.

I head straight to the aisle where the paracetamol is and scan up and down the shelves trying to find it. I find my eyes staring at the pregnancy tests and the thought suddenly occurs to me. Shit. What if I'm pregnant?

I think about feeling like crap for the whole week, throwing up the whole time on the plane and feeling constantly tired. I grab my phone out of my bag and check my period app and realise that I'd skipped one two weeks ago and hadn't even realised it.

I grab three pregnancy tests because I think that will be enough and make my way to the till. There only seems to be one open by the lottery area so I rush towards it. I'm not concentrating properly and collide with a tall blonde guy going the same way to the till, we both go to put our things down on the counter. He looks at me with a face of confusion, I'm not sure whether he recognises me or something so I just ask him if he wants to go first. He looks down at what I am holding and notices the three tests, looking back up to my face with eyes wide open. I don't get what his problem is and it's really pissing me off, I just want to get out of here.

"You good?" I ask in an annoyed tone.

"I, um... Sorry I... You go first, I have more items than you." is all he says.

I thank and accept his offer, I place the tests down on the counter making small chat with the cashier about his weekend. A distraction from the three sticks that were sitting in front of me.

The taxi driver is still parked outside of the Tesco and I'm so glad that he waited because it saves me having to call up for another taxi or having to hail one outside the Tesco.

He starts the car up again once I'd gotten in and he carries on driving down the road. He stops the car and tells me that we are at the destination. I look out the window to see a massive house there in front of me with several cars parked outside.

I hand the taxi driver the money and a substantial tip for waiting for me. He gets my suitcase out of the boot and I walk up to the house.

I make sure it is the right house number before ringing the door bell. It takes about a minute before someone opens the door.

It is the tall blonde guy in Tescos.

We both look at each other unsure of what to say.

"Hi again, I suppose, I'm looking for Liv, I was supposed to be meeting her at this house, well I think it was this house." I blurt out quickly. God, I feel so awkward.

"Yes, yes, of course. Liv's here. Come in." he says while laughing, probably at the fact my last sentence came out extremely quick. He opens the door further to let me in. "I'm Simon, by the way."

He holds out his hand and I shake it.

"I'm Sally." I say while smiling, I am relieved that he decided to introduce himself so it is no longer awkward.

He mumbles something but I don't worry about it because I am mesmerised by the house I have just walked into. The hallway is massive and there are stairs in the middle scaling up to a second and third floor, there is a large kitchen on the left and many different rooms dotted around.

"Where can I leave my suitcase?" I ask Simon who is standing behind me still.

"I'll pop it in the living room area, if you want." he says already grabbing the suitcase and moving it to the next room.

He comes back and Liv suddenly announces herself coming down the stairs.

"Sal!" she shouts now running down the stairs and into my arms, "I missed you so much, you were gone for fucking forever!"

I laugh at the last comment, and say, "God, I missed you too!"

Still hugging her, I look over her shoulder to see a figure approaching, I let go immediately when I realise who it is.

Liv walks over to him and takes him in a side hug.

"Sal..." she starts, "I'd like you to meet my fiancé, Harry!"

a/n please vote and comment xoxo