chapter 31

harry's point of view

I knock on the door I assume is the right one by the address that Simon gave me for Sally's apartment. It's now 10:30pm in New York and I'm feeling super tired and groggy, praying to god I've picked the right door. It's opened by a guy who I don't recognise, who's doing up his own robe.

"Hiya, can I help you?" He says in a sweet American accent.

"Is Sally Jaynes here?" I ask him, getting straight to the point.

"Yeh, wait a sec." He looks away from me and shouts, "Sally, there's a British guy here for you."

I wait patiently by the door, with the handsome American who I'm now worrying about. Oh god, is this her boyfriend? Fuck. What am I supposed to do, now? I've come all this way.

I look through the door at the girl now hurrying over from her bedroom adjusting her robe.

She looks up and notices it's me, completely stopping in her tracks. She tenses up, staring coldly into my eyes.

"H- Harry." She stutters.

"Sally, hi." I say back, "It's been six years would you believe."

She nods, smiling awkwardly.

"Oh, you're Harry." The man says, clenching his fists. Sally puts her hand on his back and he relaxes them, holding out his hand to shake mine. "I'm Theo, Sally's boyfriend."

Oh so I was correct. I don't know what I expected. I think I subconsciously thought that I'd get here and Sally would come running into my arms, because that's how much of an arrogant arsehole I am.

I hold out my hand, "Nice to meet you."

"Um, Harry, come in. What are you doing here?" Sally asks sorting out her messy hair. I follow her into the kitchen where she puts the kettle on.

"I think you know, Sally." I say. She stares at me.

She sighs, "How did you find out?"

"I found an envelope with pictures, letters and drawings all from your boy at my parents a few days ago." I say, her face falls as she realises I found out by accident.

"You came straight here then?" She asks, moving to the cupboard to grab some mugs.

"Yeah, Simon helped me book a flight to New York. They all knew, all the boys." I say to her.

"Just know I only told Simon, and Will worked it out for himself. The smart bastard." She smirks. I want to laugh at her joke but I can't lie when I say I'm not in the mood.

"Why did you just leave like that?" I ask bluntly. "Especially when you were pregnant with my son."

"Harry... You know I lo—" She goes to say something but stops as Theo walks back into the room now wearing a t-shirt over his previously bare chest. He looks in between both of us, but doesn't say anything.

"Where is he?" I ask.

"He's at Tom's." Theo replies, "Sally and I had a date night tonight so Tom and his girlfriend took him in."

He smirks at me as if to say she's mine now. I just nod. Oh god. I realise they were about to have sex before I interrupted them. Theo was half naked, Sally's in a robe, her hair a mess and her makeup slightly smudged. I ignore it, for obvious reasons.

"Can I see him?" I plead looking at Sally instead of Theo, "I need to see him. Otherwise I'm going to go insane, Sally."

"He's called Jamie. You can use his name." She retorts, not answering my question.

"Sally can I see him, please?" I repeat, putting an emphasis on the please. God, if she doesn't say yes right now I'm going to start crying. My voice is already trembling slightly. She stares into my eyes, it sends shivers down my spine.

"Yes, you can. Let me get dressed." She says quickly then moves into the other room. I sigh with relief and watch as Theo moves swiftly after her. I can hear them arguing.

"Sally, this isn't a good idea." he mutters, "I'm sorry but I'm not letting you do this, to you or Jamie."

"Theo... You can't tell me what I'm allowed to do or not. I'm a grown woman thank you." She says back.

"Think about Jamie, what if they get on? Harry will be gone in five seconds, considering what you've told me." He retorts.

"Theo, stop. You can't tell me what to do about my own son. You've been around two years, not his whole life." She says, anger in her voice.

"Fine, but I'm coming with you."

"No you're not, you've pissed me off." She says, I watch her walk back into the kitchen, wearing a gorgeous floral dress.

"I'm not letting you go off with him." He says following behind her, not even caring that the 'him' he's referring to is me and I'm right in front of him.

"Theo! Can you hear yourself right now?" She shouts at him, "You're being a controlling arsehole! Come on Harry let's go."

I follow after her to the door, passing Theo, I sneak a quick look at him. He's angry, exceptionally angry. Like so angry he could punch me in the face right now.

I look away, walking after the brunette beauty in front of me.