chapter 21

—harry's point of view—

We're all standing here. Nobody's saying anything, we're all just speechless. I'm
so drunk that my thoughts are racing at three million miles per minute and I can feel my legs are going to give in in any minute.

I sit on a bench and put my face in my palms, I'm trying to think of where to go to now. I feel someone sit down next to me. I look up at Simon who is trying to get me to talk. He's speaking to me but I can't understand anything he's saying because I can't stop thinking about Sally. Where's she gone? What if she's just taking her stuff and leaving?

"What if she does something to herself?" I ask, I'm now panicking.

"Okay, let's go to her flat. I'll go get Liv." He races over to where Liv is crying in JJ's arms. I feel like crying in JJ's arms.

Simon brings her over and gets her into a cab. He slides in after her and I get in beside him then shut the door. I give the driver Liv's address and we drive away, leaving all of the guys behind us.

The car ride is silent with the exception of Liv's occasional sob. I stare out of the window. Acting as if I've never seen London before, taking in all of the skyscrapers, churches and monumental buildings we drive past.

We arrive at Liv's block of flats and I pay the driver. It's quite a hefty sum due to the time of night and end up using the rest of cash that I have in my wallet.

We all saunter over to the building. Simon's trying to help out Liv who looks absolutely shattered and looks as if she could collapse at any moment. I follow behind, looking around, trying to see if Sally is anywhere nearby.

Liv grabs her keys out of her purse once we're outside their flat. It's dark and quiet inside so we guess that Sally isn't here. I knock on Sally's bedroom door just in case she is in there but there's no reply so she's most definitely not in.

I sit on the sofa, face in palms. My hands are getting wet and I realise I'm crying. I'm not the usual type to cry so I can tell that the alcohol is affecting me for the worse in this entire situation.

"Fuck!" I scream in frustration, getting up and throwing a pillow across the room. It hits a photo frame on the wall causing it to come crashing down. It sits on the floor smashed. Liv and Simon walk through, they're startled at my sudden outburst obviously.

"Sorry about that." I mutter. I walk over to the photo frame and I pick it up. It's a photo of Sally's family at the beach in Guernsey. In the back are Mr and Mrs Jaynes and in the front are Sally and her brother, Tom. She looks incredibly happy and it breaks my heart to still envision how she was earlier. I drop the photo and cry. Simon walks over to me and envelopes me in a hug, Liv just stands awardly on the other side of the room. I let go.

"Harry you're in a state. I think you should go to sleep." She says crossing her arms, and shifting her weight to her other foot.

"Maybe I should... But what if she comes back? We all need to talk"

She rolls her eyes. "Yes we do, and she'll probably be back in the morning. You can sleep in my bed."

I nod before she struts into her room slamming the door. I turn around to Simon whose fast asleep on the sofa, sighing, I walk into Liv's bedroom.

—sally's point of view—

I wake up by the sunshine peaking its way through the blinds on the large window. For a second I forget where I am, looking around the room floor clues as to whose room I was in. I remember that Chris lent me his spare room last night so I didn't need to get a cab home.

I get up, moving into the en-suite to freshen myself up for the shitty day I am probably about to have. I get in the shower and use the body wash on the side, scrubbing my body. I get out and brush my teeth before feeling the need to throw up. My morning sickness is the most annoying part about every single morning I have had for the past couple of weeks. I brush my teeth again before leaving the bathroom and getting changed into my dress from last night.

I make my way downstairs to see Chris in a shirt and a pair of jeans frying some bacon for us to eat.

"Morning! Did you get a good nights sleep?" He says, definitely too chirpy for this time in the morning.

"Hey, yes thank you. I slept really well. This morning however morning sickness got the better of me." I say sighing at the end of my sentence.

"Oh, that's shit. I'm sorry. Do you want a bacon sandwich?"

"Yes please, I'm starving." He smiles, serving me up a warm bacon sandwich and taking his own.

After finishing I get up and put our plates in the dishwasher, he grabs his keys and I grab my handbag so I can go home. I follow Chris outside and wait by his black Mercedes whilst he locks the door.

I'm twiddling my thumbs as we get nearer and nearer to my flat. I'm counting down the minutes as we pass buildings I recognise. Soon enough, Chris has parked outside my building. After a couple of minutes, Chris puts his hand on my knee and gives me a reassuring smile. I reach over and pull him into a hug, thanking him for being a great friend.

After much delaying I get out of the car and walk towards the building, waving Chris off as he drives away.