chapter 23

—sallys point of view—

Harry kisses me and I can feel it as a goodbye kiss, it has the desperation for something more but both of us know we can't have it. I walk towards the door not being able to look at his face after he kissed me as I could tell it would have been laced with disappointment.

I open the door to Chris who's standing there holding cardboard boxes. I let him follow me through to my room where Harry is no longer standing. We set the boxes down and I direct him as to what I need in each box.

I sort out the kitchen as to what is mine that I have bought and work my way around Simon, Olivia and Harry in the lounge not acknowledging any of them for the sake of my own sanity.

2 days later

I sellotape my last box and take a look around my empty room. Chris had taken the last of my boxes down to the removal van a couple of minutes ago, leaving me to dwell in my own thoughts about moving.

Yesterday, I had called my parents about moving into my old room for a few months and explained my situation about going to New York. They had understood, but, I had left out the part about my baby as I had thought it would go better in person.

I walk out of my room carrying my last box to find everyone in my kitchen. From the Sidemen to Will to the Cals to Liv all waiting for me. Chris comes through the door acknowledging everyone and takes my box from my hands.

I start with Liv. It's a short hug, but she starts tearing up. I wipe the tear away from her eye and smile at her.

"I'm sorry I had to do this, I feel like we'll both be better off now." She smiles at me, I don't believe her. But I think now are whole friendship was wasted and I feel terrible.

"I know, I'm sorry too. I mean, if you're ever in New York, you can come check up on me." I laugh, knowing fully well she wouldn't come near me in New York. Her own city. It's ironic that both of us have switched over the cities we live in with both of them being on opposite sides of the world.

She nods and passes me on to the next person. I am hugging my way around the kitchen until I get to Will who is standing next to Simon.

I give him a big hug, considering what I have put him through, I feel awful.

"Look, I'm so sorry for everything." I say through my choked up voice, "You're a really great guy and I hope you find someone great honestly."

"Thank you, Sally. You too. Hope all goes well in New York and you know." He gives me a wink and I nod, thanking him.

I move on giving Simon a hug, whispering in his ear.

"Where's Harry?" I ask, I had assumed he would come say goodbye.

"He decided to stay at his flat." He replies, "He hasn't left it since that last night. I'm going over to check on him this afternoon."

"Okay, please look after him. I want him to move on." I manage to get out before I start crying again.

"You should as well. Best of luck with the baby, can you text me all the details. Just so I know my best mates baby is okay." I nod, looking over at the others to check they don't hear anything. They don't - they're oblivious.

"I will, I promise." I grip on his hand before taking one last look at everyone before leaving the flat with Chris behind me.