chapter 15

A few weeks pass by and I'm still coping with the shock of being pregnant. A couple of days after I had taken the test, I had booked an appointment to confirm my pregnancy. Although, I'm still suffering being sick every single morning and I constantly feel exhausted. And it was even more tiring trying to not think about the whole ordeal.

Thankfully, since the night I got back from New York I haven't seen Harry because whenever he stays over I stay in my room or go to the office. Usually, I leave every morning before they get up so I don't have to suffer through awkward conversation.

I'm putting all of my energy into my work and really efficiently writing articles for our online website. Chris and I really get on well now and he checks up on me all the time. Although, he's the only one still reminding me I'm pregnant - other than my body of course. I usually try to avoid thinking about it- thinking about it makes it too real.

This morning I'm having issues deciding what to wear, as my body has already felt the repercussions of pregnancy. I constantly feel bloated and extremely uncomfortable in anything I wear. At the moment I've found I'm normally going for a more comfortable approach to fashion rather than style, reaching for things in my closet I usually only wear at my flat.

I still haven't told anyone I really know. My parents are too far away to notice. My coworkers haven't noticed. Liv, thankfully, hasn't noticed even though she caught me throwing up once. I blame it on drinking, ironically. And Harry, I haven't actually seen for him to be able to notice. My life is clearly perfect.

I booked a first appointment just to check up on how the baby is doing and it is an hour after I finish work so I will grab dinner afterwards.

I put some makeup on and check my clothes looked half decent in the mirror. I walk out of my room to see a bunch of people in my kitchen.

"Sal! You're up! Thank god, I'm not letting these guys plan my engagement party." She says acknowledging the 7 boys standing in the kitchen. She hands me a list of guests, what she wants and where she wants it.

"Engagement party?", I ask. "I didn't know you were having one."

"Yeh, Harry and I decided last night we'd have one."

I wince at his name. I'm surprised he even wants a party, he usually isn't one for that kind of thing. Change is a bloody stupid thing.

"Okay, can we talk about this later? I've got a doctors appointment after work so I'll be home around eight."

"Why are you going to the doctors?" she asks concerned. She says it a bit louder meaning some of the boys turn around. Harry making dead on eye contact with me.

"I need some new hay fever tablets!" I say a bit too quickly, not even thinking about the fact I don't suffer from hay fever.

"Alright then, have a good day sweetie!" she says wrapping herself around me in a hug. Thankfully, she's too excited about her party, she doesn't even realise what I've said is incorrect.

I make my way towards the door, not going in the kitchen to grab my lunch so I can completely avoid the boys in the kitchen. I undo the door, and make my way out. I go to shut it but a hand holds it open. It's Simon.

"Hey. Just wanted to check up on you. We haven't spoken since that night." he says.

"Yeh, we haven't." That had been on purpose.

"Look, I'm really sorry. I was absolutely trashed, and it hadn't helped that he was pissing me off."

"It's fine."

"Really? Oh thank god. So how is the baby?" He asks. Although he mutters an apology after realising how blunt he was.

"I... I don't know, I've got an appointment after work."

"Is anyone coming with you?" I shake my head, "Let me come, I'll be there for you."

"I don't know if that's a good idea." I really don't fancy turning up to the doctors with Harry's best mate.

"Okay. Fair enough. I just don't want you to be alone."

"Thanks." I give him a smile.

"So, I'll see you later then."

"Yeh, see you later."

He turns around and goes back inside, I continue walking towards the stairway.