chapter 35

"This is your fault." Sally mutters, I have to wait a second to make sure that's what she just said. I shake my head in disbelief.

"What?" I laugh nervously.

"Sally..." Eva sighs, grabbing her hand but Sally yanks it away moving closer to me, pointing her finger in my face.

"No, Eva. Harry, why do you think Theo just left? You." She cries. I shake my head, shocked at the change in her since this morning. When she said she loved me.

"But you love me." I say back to her.

"Every time you come back to me, it screws with my head. I never should have let you meet him." She shouts. What happened after she left me? What changed her mind this much?

"Sally." I shout, "What the fuck? I had a right to meet him, he's my son!"

"Well where were you when I was up at 3 in the morning trying to get him to go to sleep? When I had to change his nappies? When he took his first steps? When his teeth were coming through, and he cried for hours? When he said his first words?" She shouts at me and I stare at her blankly not knowing how to answer her, "Right. That's what I thought, Harry."

I realise my absence of words and realise that what she's saying is totally unfair, I shout, "No, don't play those fucking cards with me. I didn't know about him. You left me in London, whilst pregnant with my child."

She scoffs, "You we're engaged! What did you want me to do? Confess my undying love for you and tell you I was carrying your unborn baby?"

"Yes, actually, because then I would have got to meet him from the start. He's amazing, Sally. Never had I ever thought I'd have a child that perfect and I have." I shout, losing the tears out of my eyes that I had been holding back.

"No, Jamie's better off with you not here. He doesn't need a Dad, he's fine with me." She shouts, pressing her finger against my chest.

"Dad?" I hear a small voice ask next to us. Sally and I both look down to see Jamie crying. He's holding onto his penguin teddy, tightly to his chest.

"Honey, why don't you go back to your room?" Sally asks him after composing herself but Jamie won't look away from me.

"Are you my Dad?" He asks, his voice choking up a little.

I go to answer but Sally looks up at me, shaking her head discreetly so he doesn't see. I shake my head back at her, kneeling down so I'm level with the boy on the floor.

"Yeah, I am." I answer instead of Sally's quiet pleads for me to not say anything.

He looks down at his feet, shuffling uncomfortably on the floor. He then returns to my gaze, moving forward and hugging me around my neck. I hesitate as I'm suprised at how he's responded. I put my arms around him, picking him up as I get off of my knees.

"Is that okay?" I ask him, wiping away my tears at the brims of my eyes.

He nods, "Yeah, I do like you."

"That's good," I laugh, "how about you?"

I direct this to Sally who is watching me and Jamie with sceptical eyes.

"Yeah, yeah this is great." She whispers, not sounding too sure.

"Okay, good." I respond, keeping my gaze on her as I put Jamie down and he skips back to his room.

She gives me a small smile before heading out of the room, leaving me alone in the kitchen.

"Sally." I sigh, following after her.

"What, Harry?" She huffs, "What's going to happen now that he knows? You still live in London."

"I can move. I can leave the group, we're all doing solo things as well anyway. Why can't I just do it in New York?" I suggest and she looks unsure before nodding. I breath a sigh of relief before walking over to her, engulfing her in a tight hug.

"Harry, you need to be sure." I don't need persuading.

I nod assertively, "I should be here."

"Okay. We'll make this work." She smiles. The smile that I know and love.

—————————

I sit on the sofa watching Jamie as he laughs at the cartoons on the TV screen. I go to ask him a question before I'm interrupted my phone ringing.

"Harry, you need to get back here, now." Is the statement I'm met with as I pick up the phone.

"Simon? Is that you?" I ask, unsure of who was at the phone.

"Harry, get the fuck over here now. You need to come back, we have a problem." He says, then hangs up, leaving me clueless on the other side of the line.

"What was that?" Sally asks as she walks into the living room, holding a cup of water for Jamie.

"Uhh, I'm not sure. Simon said I need to get back urgently," I answer, shrugging my shoulders, "maybe I should see what is going on?"

"Uh, yeah sure. But when?" She ponders, and I throw my arms up in the air in confusion.

"I guess the next flight. Simon sounded really stressed." I worry, I want to stay in New York.

"Okay, I guess that's a good idea anyway. You can start moving." She smiles, and I nod slightly, trying to not panic about why Simon needs me so badly.

"I'll see when the next flight is."

a/n sorry for the long wait!!!

ahhh, jamie found out! hope you like this chapter<3 can anyone comment which member of the sidemen you'd like to see more? i feel like i don't include them enough!

please vote and comment, it's ALWAYS appreciated! love always xoxox