chapter 7

character development is that you?

comment folks

"hey there baby you look fine as fuck in them jeans, I heard your with that girl, but let me set your record straight. " chuck clayton says leaning on toni's locker who rolled her eyes at his jerk ways.

"she great thanks tho, you might want to focus on straightening out your own teeth before focusing on some ones sexuality. " cheryl says strutting her way to toni's locker. and for once toni thanked god the red haired girl was there. chuck scoffed before winking at toni biting his lip and walking away.

"are all people horny jerks?" cheryl asked and toni laughed ironically.

"you should know. " cheryl rolls her eyes at toni's bickering.

"you're welcome would be nice to hear. " cheryl says and toni just glares at her.

"look I don't-" she gets cut off when shawn walks through the doors. she couldn't help the giddy smile on her lips. Shawn's hair wasn't jelled like regular so it was across his pale forehead as he wore his football jersey and nice jeans today. he smiled and waved at toni before meeting up with reggie and his friend Austin.

"you like him?" cheryl ignored the sting in her heart for some reason.

"no.... psssh ...I no. " toni laughs nervously. toni crosses her arms keeping her head down.

"why though? I mean sure he's okay but I've seen bigger dicks on squirrels. my fingers would be doing a better job and im not being horny im being honest. " cheryl says with the filterless way she always did.

"could you not make something sexual. and he's a nice guy. we aren't dating remember. you still have your obsession with Ariana's boyfriend. " toni says and cheryl glares at her.

"shut up. " cheryl says and toni scoffs.

"nope. im talking talkty talkty talkty random words. " toni throws her hands up waving them around to show her point.

"im going to shove you in that locker. " cheryl says trying to hide the smile on her lips.

"oh yeah?" toni smirks and cheryl steps closer. "yeah," she replies with a raised eyebrow and toni did something cheryl didn't expect. toni reached out and ran her thumb across cheryls plump bottom lip making all the breath get caught in cheryls lungs and her body freeze.

"you got to catch me first. " toni says running off down the hall and thats when cheryl realises she had stole her keys to her car.

"hey! give that back. " cheryl says chasing after toni.

-

"you never kiss. like ever. " veronica says furrowing her eyebrows at the two. cheryl was for some reason listening to toni ramble on and on about the quality of percy Jackson the movie.

"maybe theyre like what are those people called, the older people that don't show affection to any older than 13?" betty ask normani who raised an eyebrow.

"old people?" she guessed and that made betty gasp.

"omg yes. "

"or maybe it's fake. " midge said and that made cheryl choke on her air.

"it's not fake. that's so ridicoulous. the only thing fake is your hoe ass. yeah we all know you talk shit about normani. and we all know normani will cut your ass. so I suggest you run. " midge looked at normani who was cracking her knuckles. midge jumped up and ran.

"okay if it's real then kiss. thats simple right tiny?" Ariana smiled politely and cheryl smiled back.

"fuck a fake smile. " Ariana said bitterly to cheryl who scoffed.

"I mean in public, it just seem-" she was cut off by cheryl turning her head to face hers. without much warning cheryl connected her lips to toni's. the kiss was light and soft something toni didn't think cheryl was capable of being. she was stunned but kissed back, the feeling inlighting something deep inside of her. sure she had felt cheryls lips on her neck and jaw but never on the mouth. hell she never felt any lips on her own. so when cheryl pulled back still close and pecked the lips one more time toni was caught up in the sky.

cheryl clears her throat. "see, it wasn't fake. it isn't fake," cheryl said toni remaining quiet. toni couldn't be bothered with petty shit right now. the only thing she was bothered by was the tingle in her lips and the heat in her body at the simple contact.

something sprung through her that moment. cheryl was her first kiss.

-

"toni, hey earth to planet topaz?" cheryl said and toni spun around she hadn't said a word since lunch and now it was the end of the day.

"yeah sorry I didn't hear you. " she said but her eyes were on cheryls lips.

"well I was wondering if you want to ride with me , I got to go the store then i'll drop you off if you want. consider it a gift." cheryl joked and toni finally looked up to the ginger. her eyes looked softer .

"sure. " was all toni said as cheryl interlocked their fingers on habit. it felt different. cheryls grip on her hand wasn't one sided toni held hers as well.

-

they were in cheryls car cheryl had turned it on and the soft ed sheeran song that toni had playing this morning was resumed. she didn't back out because she noticed the behavior change in toni. it wasn't a bad one just a quiet one. something was on her mind.

"whats wrong?" cheryl asked a question she never asked. toni looked up and looked up into cheryls stare which was a mistake because now she was staring at her eyes.

"you kissed me. " toni said and cheryl cursed under her breath. she should've been more considerate. but she never was so what was different now? toni was the difference.

"I know im so-"

"I liked it. " toni cut her off and cheryl stayed quiet not knowing how or what to say.

"you what?" cheryl says clearing her throat as she rubbed her palm against the steering well.

"shut up and do it again. " toni says and without further discussion cheryl leaned over and hesitated over the lips she didn't know she wanted till earlier that day. she kisses those lips softly, the music and their lips together was the only sound audible. toni's sighed as her eyes closed her hands resting on her thighs as cheryls hand was on her face holding her up. the taste of cherry and mint gum hit her mouth and for some reason it was addicting to her. cheryl didn't want to take it further because she didn't want to push toni any further than that. toni hesitated to leans back but when cheryl interlocked their hands resting it on her thigh it made toni sit back down and focus on the road ahead.