Chapter Three

Vocal paralysis wasn't something Jisoo thought she'd ever experience but there was a first for everything. She swallowed hoping that would help but it only left her in a coughing fit. Three pairs of eyes looked at her concerned as Lisa approached her and started patting her back.

"Are you okay, Jisoo?"

Jisoo didn't hear her. She was too busy trying not to die of embarrassment when she looked at Jennie's face of concern.

This is your fault! God, I need water or a gun or something! Jisoo's coughing finally subsided and she took a huge gulp. Her face was red from coughing and embarrassment and her eyes were watering.

Lisa looked at her with wide eyes. "You okay?"

Jisoo nodded and tried to avoid the stares coming from everyone in the room especially the one coming from Jennie.

"Yeah, I'm good," she croaked. "Just something stuck in my throat."

"Thank God, I thought we needed to call a doctor," Rosé said. "Anyways, how do you know Jennie?"

"Yeah, how do you know Jennie?" Lisa reiterated and Jisoo wanted to kill her. Jennie just stood there somewhat uncomfortable but just as confused.

Of course she doesn't remember me. Jisoo, you're a dumbass.. "J-Jennie K-Kim, we went to-to, um, same high school, East High. Cla-class of '02." Oh my God! Stop stuttering. What the hell? You haven't stuttered since...Fuck!

Jennie nodded her head in realization but Jisoo could tell that she still couldn't remember. "Yeah, right. East High." She tried to sound like she genuinely remembered but Jisoo saw right through it.

"You-you d-don't remember me." Wow, Jisoo, can you be anymore pathetic?

"No, I'm sorry," she said sincerely. "It was a big class you know, and I spent most of time skipping school than attending it." Jennie gave her a smile and Jisoo's heart started pounding like a sledgehammer.

Jisoo took a deep breath thinking of what she wanted to say next so she could stop stuttering. She glanced over at Lisa and Rosé who looked like they were watching a show on stage. She could only imagine what was going through their heads. They've never seen her act like this and Jisoo knew once Lisa got her alone, she was going to get interrogated.

"Yeah, we didn't have that many classes together." We had five since Freshmen year, but who's counting.

"Wow, what a small world," Rosé said interrupting the very awkward reunion. "But Jennie and I actually have a little announcement we wanted to share with you guys." This got Lisa's attention, who didn't look very happy.

Jisoo kept her eyes on Jennie. She still looked the same but with subtle differences. Her hair was still the same with the absence of the red strip she had back in high school. She dressed a little more conservatively but still sexy. And she still wore that guitar pick necklace. Jisoo guessed she wore it more for sentimental value than fashion.

She was still the same girl Jisoo fell for. The same girl that made school just that much bearable for her. The same girl who, with just a smile, made all her days bright. The same girl who still didn't know how she felt because she was too scared to admit it to her. And the same girl who still didn't know who she was. She was stepping back to her infamous unrequited love story she began when she was 15 but never got a chance to finish.

"...so we decided to start a little band. Or a duo to be technical," Rosé finished.

Shit, what the fuck was she talking about? Damn you, Jennie Kim and your ability to make me lose focus.