Chapter Eighteen

Jisoo stared blankly at the ceiling and sighed. After her little melt down in the parking lot, Jennie had taken her back inside the building and into her room. Promising her that they will talk about everything, Jennie left Jisoo and went back to work. Now Jisoo was lying on Jennie's couch preparing for the worse. Her mind was still running a mile a minute as she tried to pinpoint exactly where everything started to fall apart.

What am I suppose to say to her? That I'm an insecure little girl who can't handle anything? Jisoo rubbed a hand over her face and groaned. She wanted to blame someone for all her misfortunes but she knew it was her very own insecurities that were ruining everything. The check shouldn't have bothered her that much but Jisoo was so used to doing things on her own. Now I know why pride is one of the seven deadly sins. Wow, wouldn't Mom be proud that I actually paid attention during catechism.

Feeling antsy, Jisoo got off the couch and started pacing Jennie's room. She smiled when she found a framed picture of her and Jennie on Jennie's desk. It was very cute and very coupley. Jisoo never thought she'd actually have one of those pictures. She sat down on Jennie's chair and surveyed the items on her desk. Jennie was a messy person. Her room was neat and tidy but Jennie's desk looked like a bomb had gone off. Jisoo was almost tempted to organize everything but she didn't want to go through Jennie's things. She knew if someone touched her desk, she'd have a bitchfest.

Her eyes scanned over a small calendar and she smiled again when she read what Jennie wrote one of the days for next week. "Get Jisoo flowers." Jennie even drew a little heart on it. A piece of composition paper also caught her eye and she took it out under a bunch of other papers. It looked like a song that Jennie had been working on but it was in its very tentative stages. There were pencil scratches all over the place but the lyrics that were written so far were amazing. Jisoo felt her heart do that familiar lurch when she read the title. "Euterpe." Jisoo let out another sigh. She was feeling very guilty about how she yelled at Jennie.

She was still staring at the song when she heard a knock. "Jisoo?" It was Rosé. Jisoo got up and went to unlock the door. Rosé stepped inside and gave her a sympathetic look. "Hey," she greeted and relocked the door.

"Hi," Jisoo said sadly. She knew she probably looked like hell.

"Aw, baby, come here." Rosé pulled her into a hug and Jisoo buried her head in her shoulder. "You okay?" Jisoo just shook her head. "Come here," Rosé said again and led them back to the couch and sat down. Jisoo automatically laid her head in Rosé's lap as Rosé ran her fingers through her hair.

One of the millions things Jisoo loved about Lisa and Rosé. They were the best shoulders (or laps) to cry on. They may tease Jisoo to no end but when it comes down to it, Jisoo knew that they'd drop everything just to be there for her. She remembered all those nights during college when she cried to them about Nayeon. Jisoo honestly didn't know what she'd do without those two.

"What happened?"

Jisoo let out a not so amused laugh. "I'm an idiot."

"You're not an idiot," Rosé countered.

"Yes, I am. I totally overreacted and blew up at Jennie for no reason. She probably thinks I'm all emotionally unstable and break up with me." Jisoo felt a sharp pain in her heart. Just the thought of Jennie leaving her made her feel like she was drowning from the inside.

"She is not going to break up with you, Jisoo," Rosé reassured her. "She's absolutely crazy about you and she loves you." Jisoo was unconvinced as she kept hearing those voices in her head again. "Hey," Rosé grabbed Jisoo's chin and forced her to look at her. "Stop it. I know what you're doing. Don't let what happened with that stupid bitch ruin what you have with Jennie."