Chapter Seventeen

HAPPY JISOO DAY!!

——

Jisoo's temper rose with every traffic light she passed. She was furious with Jennie for giving her that extra money for the EPK.

Who does she think she is? I'm not some charity case. I can get my own Goddamn clients and make my own Goddamn money without her help.

Jisoo swerved into a parking space and turned off her engine. Clutching the copy of the check in her hand, Jisoo left her car and stormed into J Records. She didn't even bother greeting the receptionist and made her way to the elevators. Jisoo watched herself in the reflection of the chrome doors as the lift ascended. She looked like a mad woman but at the moment, she didn't care.

The doors opened and Jisoo sped walked all the way to Jennie's room. The door was slightly ajar and she stopped when she heard voices. Even in her current state of rage, Jisoo didn't barge in but listened. Jisoo pushed the door open when she realized that the other voice was just Rosé.

Jennie and Rosé looked up in surprise at Jisoo's appearance.

"Jisoo! Check this out, Jennie got me a new guitar," Rosé proudly held up what looked like a very expensive guitar. "I actually have one that doesn't have glue keeping it together."

Jisoo gave her a tight smile. "Guess Jennie just giving away lots of things lately," she muttered.

Jennie titled her head at her. "What?" she asked confused. She could already tell that something was very wrong.

"Can I talk to you?" Jisoo said to her and looked over at Rosé. "Alone."

Having known Jisoo for six years, Rosé knew that Jisoo was pissed. She got up and started to leave the room when Jennie stopped her.

"Um, Rosé, we have work to do." She turned to Jisoo. "Jisoo, shouldn't you be at work?"

Jisoo took a deep breath, trying not to blow up with Rosé still in the room. "This is really important."

Jennie eyed her cautiously. "Okay, um, Rosé why don't you just go down to the studio and start playing the solos. I'll be there as soon as I can."

Rosé nodded and left the room. Once she was gone, Jisoo closed the door and shoved the check in front of Jennie's face. "What's this?"

Jennie furrowed her eyebrows confused on why Jisoo was acting like this. She took the piece of paper and read it over. "It's the EPK check," she said calmly.

Is she trying to play dumb? "Yeah, it is," she spat.

"What's the problem?" Jennie read it over again trying to figure out where Jisoo was going with this. "Did it not go through?"

Jisoo almost laughed. "Oh, it went through. In fact, we have a whole bunch of new things thanks to your check."

"Then what's the problem?" Jennie asked again.

"The problem?!" Jisoo ran a hand through her hair frustrated. "Jennie, this is NOT the payment we agreed to when we took on the project. I didn't agree to this and yet you felt the need to give me extra money? Who the hell do you think you are?" Jisoo's voice rose with every word.

"Whoa, wait!" Jennie threw the piece of paper to the side and walked up to Jisoo so they were face to face. "First of all, I didn't give you extra money as you claim. The record company decided to change the payment plan because your production company put extra work into it," Jennie defended.

Jisoo scoffed. "Oh really? Then why did you meet Lisa behind my back?"

"What?" Jennie asked incredulously. "I didn't go behind your back with anything. The record company set up a meeting with your production and then your business partner showed up. This was a legitimate business transaction."