Chapter Eight

"I thought Rosé said that this was an indie label?" Jisoo asked once her and Lisa pulled up to the recording studio. The edifice she was looking at had to be (in her opinion) eleventy billion stories high.

"It is!" Lisa said also disbelieving while pulling up in a parking space. They exited the car and made their made to the entrance of the building.

The glass doors shined impeccably and Jisoo briefly wondered if there was a team of little fairies who washed the doors every other second. Their plain sneakers squeaked against the marble floor as the two girls made their way to the front desk. The women behind the desk look like the stereotypical uptight businesswoman who probably needed to get laid as badly as Jisoo.

"May I help you ladies?" Despite her cold exterior, the woman had a pleasantly sweet voice.

Lisa fished around her bag and pulled out a press badge. "We're RoPaSci Film Productions, we're here to film the press kit for Rosé Park and Jennie Kim." Jisoo also presented her badge.

"Oh, yes, they're expecting you. They're on the 56th floor, go right ahead."

"Thank you." Jisoo and Lisa shouldered their bags and made their way to the elevators.

"Holy shit, Jennie's dad must be loaded," Jisoo said once they were inside the shiny elevator. She hit the button for the 56th floor.

"Hey, have you've ever seen the movie, The Shaft?" Lisa asked randomly while checking to make sure they had all their equipment.

Jisoo raised a curious eyebrow at her friend. "No, why?" Was that a porno?

"The movie absolutely sucked but Naomi Watts in it and she's so fucking hot so I watched the entire thing." Lisa stopped and had a glazed look on her face.

"Lisa, stop thinking about a threesome with you, Rosé, and Naomi."

Lisa snapped out of it and went back to what she was originally saying. "Sorry, anyways, the movie is about this elevator that has like a mind of its own and it just kills whoever uses it. And sometimes, it sucks you in without you even being in it," she said all this as if she were talking about the weather.

Jisoo looked at her expectantly. "And this is relevant, how?"

Lisa shrugged. "Well, we're in an elevator."

Jisoo shook her head and waited for the lift to arrive to its destination. If this elevator kills me, I'm going to haunt her for the rest of her life.

The doors finally slid open and Jisoo and Lisa navigated their way to where they were suppose to be. Having been in a few recording studios before, Jisoo and Lisa were utterly stunned when they walked into the biggest sound studio they've ever seen. Jennie and Rosé were on the other side of the soundproof glass singing a track while a man sat behind the soundboard fiddling and adjusting the many knobs in contained.

He turned around when he heard their gasps of awe and greeted them. "You must be the girlfriends," he said getting up and shaking their hands.

"Oh, no, she's the girlfriend," Jisoo said pointing to Lisa. "I'm just the partner," she corrected while shaking the man's hand.

"I'm Lisa Manoban, and this is Jisoo Kim," she too shook his hand.

"Jiyong, Jennie's dad." He had warms eyes and despite his age, had a boysish charm to him. He looked Jisoo up and down as if he recognized her. Jisoo bit her lip nervously. "Jisoo? Jennie said you were pretty, but you are absolutely gorgeous."

Jisoo looked down and felt all the blood rush to her face. She could feel Lisa staring at her. "Um, thanks."

"So," he said while clapping his hands together. "The girls are still recording, but once their done, they're all yours."