Chapter Twenty: Epilouge

"Where are you taking me?"

"Seriously, Jisoo, you can keep asking but I'm still not going to tell you," Jennie answered.

Jisoo pouted. "Can I at least take this blindfold off?"

"No! You'll ruin the surprise."

"Oh, come on. You know how stupid I must look being in your convertible with a blindfold on? Are people staring?" Jisoo reached up for the blindfold but Jennie stopped her.

"Don't! Jisoo, come on, we're almost there. I promise no one is staring," Jennie assured her. It would've made Jisoo feel better until she heard car honks. "Those honks weren't directed towards us," she lied.

"Jennie!" Jisoo whined. "Where are you taking me?" She was starting to sound like a petulant child.

"We're almost there. Geez, don't get your panties in a twist."

Jisoo grinned. "Who said anything about panties?" she teased. She gasped when she suddenly felt Jennie's hand on her thigh making its way up her skirt.

"Liar," Jennie announced once her hand found what it was looking for. Jisoo took her hand and intertwined their fingers. She leaned back in the passenger seat and sighed.

Jennie had literally kidnapped her earlier during her lunch break. She didn't even have time to protest when Jennie tied a blindfold around her eyes and led her to her car. They've been driving for about 20 minutes now and Jisoo was starting to get really impatient. She had no idea where Jennie was going to take her that was a surprise. At first she thought she had forgotten a special occasion but their one-year anniversary wasn't for another 5 days. It wasn't her birthday, and they didn't sign any big clients recently that would warrant a celebration. Normally, Jisoo knew what kind of surprises Jennie set up for her but she was absolutely clueless on this one.

Her anticipation grew when she felt Jennie park the car. "Are we here?" she asked sitting up excited.

"Yes."

"Can I take this off now?"

"Not yet, I need to check on a few things first."

"Jennie!"

"Calm down, baby I'll be just a minute. Don't take this off," Jennie kissed her on the cheek and left the car. Jisoo could hear her open the trunk and take a few things out. She was so tempted to have a peek but Jennie came back as fast as she left. "Okay, ready?" Jennie opened Jisoo's door and led her out the car.

"Can I take it off?" Jisoo took her steps slowly. If I trip, she's coming with me.

"Hold on," Jennie took her hand and started leading her somewhere. "Okay take a step," she instructed.

Jisoo did what she was told and the ground beneath her feet suddenly became soft. She was walking on grass. Jennie finally stopped and stood behind her. "Okay, ready?"

"Yes," she said excitedly.

Jennie removed the blindfold and Jisoo gasped. Her jaw dropped as she took in her surroundings. "Oh my God, Jennie," she whispered emotionally. They were in the courtyard of thier old High School.

"Do you like it?" Jennie asked shyly.

Jisoo felt the tears behind her eyes as she looked around. It looked exactly the same way it did when they were in high school. Jennie had set up a nice little picnic area right between the oak tree and the place where Jisoo always sat. She turned around and gave Jennie a tearful kiss.

"I love it. I love you."

Jennie smiled and leaned her forehead against Jisoo's. "Happy anniversary."

Jisoo tilted her head. "But our anniversary isn't for another five days," she pointed out.

"I know, but it didn't fall on a Friday, And to make it perfect, I had to bring you here on a Friday," she explained.

Jisoo's eyes filled with more tears. "You're perfect."

"Close to it," she teased and Jisoo laughed. "I made us a picnic." She pulled Jisoo down on the blanket and sat her between her legs. She reached over and opened the wicker basket and started pulling out the contents. "Two turkey sandwiches, brownies for dessert, and not to forget," she reached in further. "Two Orange Crushes."

"Oh my God, it's exactly like my lunch." She grabbed a bottle of soda and twisted it open.

"I actually asked your mom to make the brownies," Jennie said shyly.

Jisoo turned neck and gave her a kiss. "You're too cute."

They enjoyed their little lunch and reminisced about their special Fridays. Jisoo was deliriously happy as she sat back against Jennie. "Do they not have school today?" she asked now just noticing how quiet the campus was.

"Yeah, lucky for us, it's teacher conference day. Students get a three-day weekend and I get to spend a romantic afternoon with my girlfriend."

"Lucky us." Very lucky us.

"Oh I almost forgot," Jennie reached under the blanket and pulled out a yearbook. "I believe, Ms. Kim, you need to sign my yearbook."

Jisoo grinned as she opened to that particular picture of Jennie she had taken. "What do you want me to write?"

"Anything you want." She handed Jisoo a Sharpie marker.

Smiling, Jisoo took the marker and wrote her little message. "There you go," she said handing the yearbook back to Jennie.

Jennie read it and smiled. "I love you, too Kim Jisoo." She kissed the side of her face. "Now, this wouldn't be a Jisoo and Jennie Friday without this." Jennie got up and went behind the oak tree to retrieve her guitar. She sat right in front of it and beckoned Jisoo over. Jisoo complied and sat down across Jennie. "Do you any requests?"

Jisoo smiled. "I think you know what song I want to hear."

"Of course, Euterpe." Jennie started strumming her guitar and the courtyard was filled with a familiar song. "Dream, dream, dream, dream. When I want you in my arms. When I want you and all your charms. Whenever I want you all I have to do is dream..."

And you're my dream come true.

-The End-
__________________

This was long overdue!! Thanks for still tuning in! Hope you all enjoyed this story 🤗