Chapter Four

It seemed like for every project Jisoo completed, three more would fall into her lap. Not that she was complaining. More projects meant more clients, more clients meant more money, and more money meant Jisoo could actually pay for her rent at the end of the month. Unfortunately, more projects also meant that she had to work more. More work meant less time to do anything else.

All work and no play makes Jisoo very horny.

Jisoo sighed as looked over the work calendar. Lisa was currently at a shoot with their crew so Jisoo was at the studio answering the phones and booking projects. It was hard to concentrate considering all she could think about was Jennie. Lisa didn't call her after the dinner she had with Rosé and Jennie and she was dying of curiosity.

What could she have possibly said about me? She doesn't even remember who I am.

Although it shouldn't, the thought of Jennie not remembering Jisoo hurt her. It wasn't like Jennie ignored her or was mean to her during high school. She just didn't know Jisoo. But Jisoo wish she did, because she felt like she knew Jennie.

Jisoo saw the side of Jennie that no one else saw. While everyone saw the Jennie Kim who was the popular rebel without a cause, Jisoo saw the Jennie Kim who sat under an oak tree and strummed her guitar.

There was a courtyard at East High that no one went to except for Jisoo. Instead of dealing with the jerks who would constantly tease her, Jisoo decided that she never wanted to eat in the quad or the cafeteria. So she sat in the courtyard away from everyone. It seemed pathetic but she didn't have friends. No one wanted to be associated with the film geek, not even the people in her film class. She didn't blame them though because she wasn't exactly a social butterfly. Being social required talking and that was one thing Jisoo hated doing. She had a terrible stuttering problem and it would always take her forever to get a sentence out. And because high school kids are asses, everyone made fun of her for it.

Jisoo spent all her time that she wasn't in class in that courtyard. It's where she first saw Jennie.

After one crappy Friday morning, Jisoo couldn't wait to sit in the courtyard and eat her lunch. Just her, a turkey sandwich, her Orange Crush, and whatever dessert her mother packed her. She was just about to take a bite of her sandwich when a girl, carrying a guitar case, sat herself down by an oak tree a few feet across from Jisoo. She was possibly the most beautiful girl Jisoo ever saw. Brown hair and brown eyes. The girl looked up from her guitar and spotted Jisoo watching her. She offered a smile and began strumming. Brown hair, brown eyes, and a smile to die for.

Jisoo was suddenly thrown into all those clichéd drama movies she'd seen a thousand times. She was speechless and utterly in lust with mystery guitar girl. The girl looked up again and Jisoo's heart started to race.

"Do you have any requests?" Her voice was soft and raspy and it went right through Jisoo.

Jisoo shook her head and looked down. She felt embarrassed that she was caught staring especially since she probably looked like some perverse stalker.

"You sure? I know quite a few songs" The girl smiled again as she continued to strum a continuous melody.

"I-I don't kno-know that ma-many so-songs." Jisoo took a deep breath and pushed her glasses up the bridge of her nose. She hated that she stuttered. It made her feel like a fool.

The girl didn't seem to notice and just played her guitar. "You have to know this one," she started to strum a song that sounded familiar to Jisoo. "Dream, dream, dream, dream. When I want you in my arms, when I want you and all your charms. Whenever I want you all I have to do is dream. Dream, dream, dream..."