Lets Begin

It's always been peculiar, Minerva McGonagall usually got ignored. The students respected her as a professor and the deputy headmistress, yet nobody acknowledged her name. You see, the professor's heritage is not unknown, her family lived in Italy. More specifically Rome. There was just something off, her name was Minerva. As any good student would know, Minerva is the name of a very specific Goddess. But let's not get into that now. Let's go to the very first year, when a young lad, Harry Potter to be exact, began attending Hogwarts.

Everything was a bumbling mess. The children had just filed into their classroom to begin lessons. This was the classroom of Professor McGonagall. She introduced herself, then transfiguration. She transformed herself into a cat, quickly, possibly a little too quick, class was over. Yet one student lingered.

"Um... Professor?" A young and shy Hermione Granger spoke up.

"Yes, Ms. Granger?" The older woman looked up, a kind look in her eye.

"I was just pondering about how curious it is that your name is Minerva, and that you're from Rome." She stuttered.

"And where'd you hear this Ms. Granger?" The professor inquired.

"I heard some older students saying it ma'am," the girl informed.

"Well I apologize, yet I am not the Goddess. Now run along, you'll be late to you next class." She replied, a simple shrug being enough to lure the girl out.

"Yes professor."

Little did she know that as she hurried to her class, Professor Minerva McGonagall watched, a twinkle in her eyes, and a grin on her face.