Tread Carefully

George and Apollo stood, looking  at eachother. George glared at the god who looked back, like he was trying to make a decision.

Another snarl rang throughout the room, and within mere seconds, George was enveloped in a blinding white light.

"Where are we?" George immediately asked.

"We're on the isle of Delos. My birthplace." Apollo replied, his eyes and voice guarded.

"Why?" George demanded.

The god sighed and looked at the boy.

"You still don't trust me, do you?"

"Of course not! All you did was teleport me to an island in the middle of nowhere!" George shrieked.

"I'm protecting you!" Apollo snapped.

"Protecting me from what?" George growled.

"From-"

"Not another word." A strong voice came.

Apollo and George turned, and saw a beautiful woman walking toward them. Her eyes were calm and fierce. She had pale skin and dark hair.

"Why are you here?" Apollo asked, yet there was a softness in his tone.

"I'm here for George. You're telling him too much. He's my charge for now." She replied smoothly.

"Says who?" He hissed.

"Says me, and Athena, and our father, and almost everyone else."

Apollo walked away, muttering to himself.

"Apollo." George took a deep breath.

The god whipped around and stared at him, suprised that he spoke.

"Let me go with her. I don't fully know what's happening here, but I do know that I need to get back to my twin."

Apollo looked at him, and smiled weakly.

"I forgot that you had a twin. That's something we have in common. I'd do anything for my sister. No matter what. Go, your brother needs you." He walked away, disappearing into the mist.

George turned, and the woman looked at him.

"He has a soft spot for you, I'm not sure if that's a good thing." She turned and began walking.

"Come, we should go."

George followed her, he want even sure what was happening. He only knew the woman was a goddess.

After what felt like ages, they stopped. A pool of water sat, giving off a cool aura. Wolves were sitting by the water, lapping at it occasionally, while several birds sat upon the trees surroundings the area. Several deer stood at watch, looking at the newcomer. As George stepped further in, he saw tents gently covered in moonlight, and the faces of girls staring at him.

"Wow." He murmured.

The goddess chuckled.

"Do you know who I am yet?" She whispered.

George nodded. He obvious knew who Artemis was. He'd suspects it, Apollo had been too gentle. She had found them too quickly.

"You'll spend the night with us. Then I'll bring you home." She told him.

He looked at her, surprised.

She chuckled.

"I know that you're male. But you don't count."

"Are you telling me I'm like a girl?"

"No, I'm saying that I know you won't try anything. I know what your future looks like, and I know that you don't exactly go for women."

George blushed.

"Nobody-" he was cut off.

"Nobody knows, not even Fred. I know."

She walked closer, and gently shoved him in the direction of the pool.

"Why don't you clean up while we hunt? Then we can eat."

He agreed.

He felt slightly awkward, even as all the girls walked away. He stripped bare and stepped in, he'd expected the water to be cold, yet it was comfortably warm.

Once he finished, he stepped out, preparing to put on his old clothes, yet he was shocked when he found no clothing.

"My sister took them. She's cleaning and mending them."

George whipped around and saw Apollo.

The god offered him a robe, which he accepted.

"Come walk with me."

Apollo walked away, and George followed him.

They walked in silence on the mossy forest floor. They finally came to a new clearing, a waterfall pouring down.

Apollo sat on a rock by the stream.

"I'm sorry." He looked at the boy.

"Things have changed so much in your life recently. The only thing I can promise you right now is that you'll be okay."

George looked at him. The god had a sad look in his eyes.

"Apollo can I ask you something?"

The god nodded.

"Why do you care so much?"

He sighed, and stood.

"Fred is going to die. Not soon, but during a great war in the wizarding world."

George stepped back, and looked at him.

"What? Don't lie about things like that!"

He looked at the god, expecting to see a grin on his face but saw nothing.

"No..." George whispered.

Apollo looked at him, and when his first tear fell, George formally understood.

"You wanted to protect him..."

Apollo nodded.

"I thought you were in danger, so I was there for you. Then him. But then I was forced to choose. I chose to protect you. I'm sorry..."

Apollo was genuinely crying. George shook his head and whispered.

The two stood there, looking at eachother and crying.