The Very Beginning

When Walburga and Orion Black first married they were met with the horrid realization that they could be have children. Walburga more so, and it enraged her.

She would sulk, and she was often found throwing pillows into the fireplace, or tearing books in half.

It became to much for Orion to bear, so he asked around, defeat struck when he found no way to assist him and his wife.

"Hey mate," a peppy voice rang out from the shadows of a pub he had stopped in.

"Can I help you?" He snapped.

"Not with that attitude." The voice replied. "I've heard about your issue. I can help you solve it."

"How?" Orion stood, staring at the shadow.

"Are you open minded, Orion?" He asked, stepping forward.

A tall man with piercing blue eyes and onyx hair stood before him.

"I suppose," Orion whispered cautiously.

*

When Orion came home and told Walburga he had news on a child, she was ecstatic.

The day the man walked up to them, and handed them a tiny baby boy, with hair matching his own and eyes that were as gray as the clouds hovering above, she shrieked with joy.

The baby was peppered with kisses and love, but eventually it wasn't enough. Walburga begged and begged for another child, eventually Orion attempted to contact the man that had given him Sirius.

Regulus Black was born two years after Sirius was. The boys knew nothing but love and being spoiled.

When Sirius turned eleven, Walburga was full of glee, her son was a wizard!

She had never questioned the origin of her child, always accepting the fact that Orion was his father. When asked, he simply shook his head, whispering magic.

Then the abuse came.

Simmering resentment from never having a child of her own mixed in with the anger of her first son being a Gryffindor.

Walburga screamed, she'd throw plates at Sirius, and when he ducked his head, she'd spell him paralyzed and continue her reign of terror.

Summers were worse, she didn't avoid brusing and cutting him, she seemed to enjoy it even.

The day Sirius missed joining his friends, they questioned. He sat in their dorm, looked as ragged as Remus.

"Sirius?" James faltered from his bright attitude. He was always happy after being Prongs.

He quickly walked over to his friend, looking at the large cut going across his eye.

"Who did this to you?" He whispered.

Sirius shook his head, no words would come out. The next thing he knew, James was forcing him into the Hospital Ward, where Peter sat next to a sleeping Remus.

*

It wasn't long before word got around, and once Fleamont and Euphemia Potter caught on, they quickly removed Sirius from his house.

One night, he made a mistake and accidentally broke a picture frame. It took him siezing up in fear and cowering away from them, the sobs of Euphemia as she realized just how abused this poor boy is.

It took the countless nights where James would wake up to screaming, running into Sirius' room, seeing him writhing on the bed. Nightmares plagued his mind.

It took many, many months, for Sirius to realise he was loved, that he was safe. Walburga was no longer there, she wouldn't hurt him anymore.

And as the Potter family sat, with their newest member, Chaos sat outside the Black family house.

He was proud, He had done this, to poor Sirius Black. He had done this, as a warning to his father. Hermes should have known better, than to offer a child to Orion. He would make them pay.