Family Ties

"Who are you talking to?" I hear Elena ask Aunt Jenna as I walk into the kitchen to get coffee.
"Him." She tells her nodding towards the television.
"The news guy?" Elena asks.
"Also known as Logan Scum Fell." She tell us as I walk up on her other side with a cup of coffee. "Did your mom ever tell you why I moved away from Mystic Falls?" She asks us.
"Ohh, no way. You and him? He's cute." Elena tells her and I nod with a laugh.
"He is not cute. There is nothing cute about him." She says and turns off the TV. "What are you doing with that?" She asks Elena who has a box of old antique family heirlooms on the table.
"I went yesterday and got it from the safe deposit box. Mom had told Mrs. Lockwood that she would loan it to he Founder's Council for their heritage display." She explains as she cleans some of the pieces.
"Is that grandma Beth's wedding ring?" Jenna asks.
"Originally, it was great-great grandma Mary's wedding ring."
"How much do you think this stuff is worth?" Jeremy asks walking into the room. "You know like on eBay."
"You're not gonna find out." Elena tells him grabbing the piece that he pocked up from his hands.
"That stuff was mom and dad's. You can't just give it away."
"I'm not giving it away it's called a loan Jeremy." She tells him as the doorbell rings and she goes to answer it. I look and see it's Stefan and I give him a small wave before she takes him upstairs.
"Hey, Aunt Jenna, is it okay if I take the car and go to the mall today with Jo? We were gonna get new dresses for the party tonight." Ia ask her.
"Yeah, no problem. Need any money?" She asks.
"No, I still have some money from the job at the grill this summer. If I can keep up with my school work and cheer I might ask for it back if that's okay."
"Yeah, go for it. Remember, half your pay checks go into savings for college."
"Yeah I know. Okay keys?" I asks and she tosses them to me.
"Okay, thanks. Love you." I say and walk out the door.

▫️▫️▫️

"Woah oh oh oh."
"Lady and gents this is the moment you've waiting for."
"Woah oh oh oh."
"Been searching in the dark..." I sing through the radio of my car, but stop as Jo turns it down so it's only background music.
"I've missed you. I feel like we haven't really hing out in a while." She tells me as I pull into the malls parking lot.
    "I know. I've been horrible. I got a boyfriend and been totally ignoring you. I'm so sorry." I tell her as I look for a parking space.
    "Ooo. Right there. She points out a parking space.
    "Ooo. Thanks." I say with a smile.
    "Yeah. And really it's no problem. I know you don't mean to. You have a boyfriend and you want to hang out with him I get it."
    "Thanks. I'm glad we get to do this today. I really did miss my bestfriend." I tell her.
    "Oh. Is that me? Am I the bestfriend?!" She asks excitedly.
    "Of course you are you dork." I tell her with a laugh.
    "Yay! Now let's go find some hot new dresses." She tells me. "Jeremy still said he'd take me so I can go right?"
    "I talked to him today and it's no problem. Just don't expect any dances. I doubt he would go that far." I tell her and she laughs with me.
     "Yeah no." She says and she opens the door for me to walk in.
    "Well thank you. Where to first?" I ask her.
    "Macy's, they have good dresses and we will definitely find one there." She tells me.
    "To Macy's we go." I say and loop my arm through hers.

                                ▫️▫️▫️

   "What about this one?" I ask Jo as I walk out in my 10 dress. The other ones were just not right.
   "Yes! I love it." She tells me.
   "Me too!" I say. "Okay, let me change and we can go check out." I say and she nods. She already found her dress about an hour ago. It's Maroon and has lace sleeves that go to just above her elbow. Mine is a long and is like a summer dress.

 Mine is a long and is like a summer dress