You're Undead To Me

I wake up, get dressed and walk downstairs with Elena.
"Jenna! Are you aware of what's going on upstairs?" Elena asks her.
"Uh huh."
"Wait, and your like, okay with it?" I ask her.
"He could be craftier about it; at-least make an effort to sneak her in and out." She tells us with a laugh.
"Gotcha, future reference. Be crafty about sneaking Hunter in and out of the house." I tell her nodding my head.
"Nope, not you. You I have objections for. You're the baby of the family. You must be protected at all costs." She tells me sternly. "Oh, and uh just so you know I won't be home for dinner." She tells us.
"Ooo, so you're actually going to do it. You're gonna go out with Logan."
"I'm going to show up and torture him, yes. And have you heard from Stefan?" Jenna asks Elena and I look towards her pouring my coffee.
"Not since he left that very vague message three days ago. 'Hi, um, Elena, I, um, I have something I have to do. I'll, uh, explain in a few days.'" She tells us mimicking him.
"Haven't you called?" Jenna asks.
"Nope. Not going to, either."
"And you're okay with everything?" She asks.
"No, I'm not ok with any of it. But I'm not gonna cry about it, either. You know, I was going to write in my diary this morning, and then I thought, what am I going to write? Honestly I'm not going to be one of those pathetic girls whose world stops spinning because of some guy." Elena tells us.
"Yeah, Elena, go you!" I tell her with a smile.
"Has Hunter talked to you?" She asks.
"Oh, um here and there." I tell her.
"So, that wasn't him you were on the phone with last night until about midnight?" Jenna asks sarcastically.
"Nope, don't know what you are talking about." I tell her sipping my coffee.
"Phebs, you don't need to pretend."
"I'm sorry, It's just his brother is being a world class ass and I didn't want to rub it in your face." I tell her with a frown.
"It's fine. I want you to be happy." She tells me.
"Okay. Well Hunter makes me very happy." I tell her with a smile.
"Good. Okay let's get to school." She tells me.
"Okay, let me just get more coffee." I tell her.
"Haven't you already have some?" She asks.
"Yes, I'm getting more." I tell her. "I will meet you in the car."

▫️▫️▫️

"Oh, is this coffee?" Jo asks taking the travel mug out of my hand and taking a sip.
"Yeah," I tell her with a smile. "Hey you're volunteering at the car wash right?" I asks her.
"I was going to but stuff with my grandma came up." She tells me with an apologetic look.
"Oh, is everything okay?"
"Yep, all good. Just have to be there."
"Gotcha, I guess I could ask Hunter to go."
"Yeah, that would be good." She says with a fake smile.
"Why don't you like him?" I ask her.
"I just think that you don't know him." She tells me.
"That is why I'm getting to know him."
"Okay, I gotta get to class. Thanks for the coffee." She says and hands back an almost empty mug. I feel arms wrap around me and jump, until I realize that it's just Hunter.
"Wow, someone is jumpy." He jokes.
"Yeah, sorry. I'm still getting used to having a boyfriend." I tell him turning around in his arms and kissing him. The warning bell rings.
"We have Biology, we gotta go."
"We should skip."
"Yes, because that is the way to get your family and friends to like me. Get you to skip class. Come on, to biology we go." He tells me and drags me towards the class.
"I'm glad you said that. I don't know how well I would have actually handled skipping class." I tell him and he chuckles.

▫️▫️▫️

"Hey, I worked here over the summer and took some time off to get back into school and was wondering if I could get my job back." I asked the manager.
"Hey Phoebe, yeah can you start the day after tomorrow?"
"Yep. I'll be here for the shift after school?"
"Yep, see you then." I tell her and walk out and get in my car to go home. I walk into my house and see Stefan and Elena in the kitchen.
    "Hey, not to interrupt but is Hunter at your house?"
    "Yeah, but um, you shouldn't go over there. My uncle has people over. I'm sure Hinter could come over here though." Stefan tells me.
   "Okay, well I will be upstairs." I tell them and pull out my phone to text Hunter.

Hey, want to come over and hang out?

Hunter❤️💕 -Sure, be over in 5.

I smile at the text and change into something more comfortable. My Duke hoodie, it was wrapped around me when I was left on my parents doorstep. I've always wanted to be a journalist, but they don't have that at Duke. I know it's crazy that I want to write when I don't even want to write in my journal. I feel like that's different though. I don't like to write about my feelings and such. But I love to read and I would love to write some books just like the classic writers that I read. I hear the doorbell ring and run downstairs fo answer it.
"Hey." Hunter greets me as I open the door.
"Hey, so we can watch some TV or go upstairs, which ever."
"TV is fine." He tells me and I nod towards the living room and close the door behind him.
I walk over to the kitchen and close the sliding door there and do the same with the dining room for some privacy.
"Okay, so what do you want to watch?" I ask as I sit on the couch next to him and turn the TV on and go to Netflix.
"Whatever you want is fine."
"Okay, you have about 10 seconds to change your mind, because I will pick a girly drama tv show." I tell him with a smile.
"Then a girly drama TV show it is." He tells me and puts his arm around my shoulder.
"Okay. Gilmore Girls it is." I say and hit play and it shows the opening scene of Lorelai asking luke for coffee.

Hunter's POV

"Hey, you awake?" I ask. "Guess not." I say and pick her up. I turn of the TV and walk up the stairs.
"Hey, she fall asleep?" Elena asks me as I walk past her room.
"Yeah, I was just gonna put her in her bed."
"Okay, I'll help." She tells me getting up from her bed. We walk into her room and I place her on the bed. "Wait," She stops me as I move the covers over her. "She can't sleep with pants and socks on." She tells me and I turn around as she takes of the pants and outs the cover over her.
"Thanks mom," She tells Elena quietly, half asleep.
"Goodnight Phebs." She says and we leave the room.

Phoebe's POV

I woke up and didn't know where I was. I got up and got dressed for the car wash. I wore a maroon bikini with jean shorts and a tank top over top. I go downstairs and to the kitchen to get coffee. I leave Elena a note on the coffee maker saying that I was taking my skateboard to the carwash at the school.
When I get there Caroline puts me to work at the money box with Tiki. I work there for about 2 hours and then I go washing cars when Hunter shows up. He works with me on the car.
"I'm gonna go see where Elena and Caroline went." I tell him and walk over to Jenna when I see her. "Hey, Aunt Jenna where did Elena go?"
"She went to the news station. Some project past due. But if anyone asks we don't know because she doesn't want Caroline to know she left." She explains to me.
"Gotcha. Lips are sealed. Well I'm about to leave. Hunter and I are having dinner at the grill. Is that okay?" I ask her.
"Yeah, no problem. Did you ask if you could get your job back there?"
"Yep. I start tomorrow and then I'll probably work after school most days and some weekends." I tell her.
"Okay, well Logan is coming over for dinner so be ware when you get home."
"Okay, well have fun." I tell her with a laugh.

▫️▫️▫️
Later that night I'm in my room just getting out of the shower when Elena comes in.
"Phoebe, you need to stay away from Hunter, okay? There's something that him and Stefan aren't telling us and you need to just stay away." She tells me rushed and likes she's out of breathe.
"Why? What aren't they telling us?" I ask her completely confused.
"Look, you just need to trust me. Stay away from them." She tells me.
"Okay, yeah. I'll stay away." I promise, knowing very well, I can't keep it.