The Turning Point

"Why are you here Logan?" Jenna asks him.
"I missed you. I was out of town." He tells her.
"Yeah, she got the brush off email." I tell him definitely angry that he's playing with my aunt.
"You got an email?"
"You didn't send an email?" Jenna asks him.
"That might even be worse, buddy." I say and cross my arms a crossed my chest.
"I can explain. Just invite me in and I will tell you everything." He tells her.
"I'm not gonna invite you in. Forget it."
"Come on Jenna, it's me."
"The answer is no."
"I know you. You're always one step away from maybe. A tiny nudge to yes." He tells us and I scoff at him taking a step forward and Jenna puts a hand on my arm and we share a look before I step back again.
"You just pointed out that I have no self control. Clever strategy." She tells him and I reach across her to close the door in his face.
"Do you want to talk about it?" I ask her.
"Not really."
"Okay, another episode of Grey's Anatomy?" I ask and she nods her head and we make our way back to the couch.

▫️▫️▫️

"Okay, Phoebe. Time to get up. Time for school." I hear Aunt Jenna try to shake me awake on the couch.
"No, I think I watched one to many episodes last night. I'm so tired. Can I take a half day?" I ask her.
"Fine. As long as you promise to get up and ready by 11 and be there no later than 11:15." She tells me.
"You're the best Aunt Jenna." I tell her and roll over and go back to sleep.

I wake up by 11 like Aunt Jenna made me promise. I make my way to school and head straight in and to the office. I made it just in time for 6 period. Waking out if the office I bump into Bonnie.
"Hey, Bonnie." I greet her with a smile.
"Hey, you seem happy." She comments.
"What's not to be happy about?" I ask.
"Well, Hunter leaving town for one."
"Wait, what do you mean Hunter leaving town?" I ask her very confused.
"You know? Hunter, Stefan and Damon are moving away." She tells me. "And you didn't know."
"No, I didn't. I don't understand. Why are they leaving? Why wouldn't he tell me?" I ask her.
"I don't know. You'd have to ask him."
"Okay, I will. We have english together next period. I'm sorry, I have to go." I tell her and tush off to english.
"Hunter!" I call when I see him and he smiles when he sees me. A beautiful smile that almost breaks me down, but I have to know why he didn't tell me.
"Hey, I was getting worried. You weren't here all morning."
"Are you moving?" I ask and he immediately frowns.
"Nothing is for sure yet." He tells me.
"Which means that you've been thinking about it." I tell him.
"Yeah, I mean Stefan has. After him and Elena he wants to leave, we have other family members we can stay with. But I haven't decided anything for myself. I can stay here with my Uncle Zach if I want." He tells me.
"Why wouldn't you tell me? I mean I'm your girlfriend, you don't think I would have wanted a heads up?" I ask him.
"I didn't want it turning into something incase I decided not to leave. Which I don't want to leave." He tells me taking my hands into his.
"Okay.. But I don't want to be the reason You split up with your brothers." I tell him.
"Trust me, my brothers and I always find a way back to each other." He tells me and pulls me into his chest.
"I'm sorry I snapped. I just thought you were going to leave without even telling me." I tell him with a sigh hugging him even tighter.
   "Phoebe, I don't think I could ever leave you." He tells me pulling away and lifting my chin to look at him.
    "Good, cause I don't want you to leave me." I tell him and kiss him.

                                ▫️▫️▫️

    "Aunt Jenna! Are you going to the job fair tonight?" I call to her from my room. I change into jeans and a tank top with my duke sweatshirt over top. (Picture of it in media)
   "Yep, meeting up with Ric there. We should get going too."
   "Okay, I'll be out in a second." I grab my wallet and my phone and make my way down stairs.
    "Is that sweatshirt ever going to fit you?" She asks with a laugh.
   "It is a males medium. I think it was my birth dad's because it's a male size." I tell her.
   "Would make sense." She tells me. "Would you ever want to meet your birth parents?" She asks me as we walk out to the car.
   "I mean, I've thought about it. About how it would go, what I would say. But, really, I don't think I want to know. But at the same time, I want to make connections with them. Like, who I get my hair color from. Who I most look like. Ya know?"
   "Yeah, you know, if your parents were here, they would understand if you wanted to meet them." She tells me.
   "Yeah, I know. Do you know if they found out anything about them?" I ask her.
   "No, I'm not sure if they did." She tells me staring at the road.
   "Okay, well I want to find out the best college for journalism and get ready to go there." I tell her.
    "Sounds like a plan." She tells me with a laugh.

We make it there we see Logan and we immediately go to find Elena and dodge him.
    "Hide me." Jenna tells Elena when we find her with Stefan. I give him a little smile and he returns it.
    "What's going on?" Elena asks her.
   "The scum fell has landed." Jenna explains.
   "Logan's here."
  "Yeah, apparently he can't take the 5 million hints she gave him to stay away. Starting with the door slammed in his face." I say really annoyed and Jenna gives me a smile.
   "Wait, Logan Fell?" Stefan asks and we all nod at him and he takes off, all of us following him. We walk into the hallway and Logan walks up to us.
   "Jenna, are you dodging me?" He asks her.
  "Take a hint Logan, leave her alone." I tell him.
   "It's a form of self-preservation." Jenna tell him pulling me back a little.
   "Um, Elena, why don't you take Jenna and Phoebe somewhere else?" Stefan asks her.
   "Anywhere away from him." I say and take Jenna's hand and pull her away.
   "When Logan came to the house what did he say?" Elena asks us as we walk away.
   "Fake flattery. Stupid, dimpled grin. Puppy dog eyes." Jenna tells her and I laugh a little. It was a pretty good representation of what happened.
   "I'm serious, Jenna. How did he act? What did he say?" Elena asks us again.
   "He was the usual Logan, was charming, little more manic than usual.He kept trying to convince me to let him in. What?" Jenna asks her when Elena looks up at that.
   "Okay, listen to me very carefully. Do not, under any circumstances, talk to him again. I'm serious, Jenna, like, ever." She tell her and Mr. Saltzman come us behind us.
   "Hey, Elena. Phoebe, Jenna." He greets us all.
   "Hey, Mr. Saltzman." Elena and I greet him at the same time.
  "Yeah, I was hopin' to, uh, see you tonight." He tells Jenna.
   "Career night is the new bowling." She jokes.
   "Ok. Um, excuse me." Elena tells us.
   "Here, I'll go with."
   "No, um, stay here Phoebe." She tells me and I'm surprised.
   "Um, okay." I say and turn back to Jenna and Mr. Saltzman. "Hi."
   "Hey, so, um, Duke? You thinking about going there?" He asks pointing towards my sweatshirt.
   "Oh, um, no. I want to be a journalist, they don't have a program for that there." I tell him.
   "Then why the sweatshirt?" He asks.
   "It's the only thing I have from my birth parents." I tell him.
  "You're adopted?" He asks surprised.
  "Yep, dropped on the doorstep at 1 week old." I tell him.
   "Wow, I'm sorry."
   "No, it's okay. I had great parents." I tell him.
   "That's good, you know I actually went to Duke." He tells me.
   "Really?" I ask him with a smile.
   "Yeah, I met my wife there."
  "You're married?" I ask him.
  "Was, she past away." He tells me.
   "Oh, I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have pried." I apologize.
  "No, it's okay. It was a long time ago." He tells me. "I'm pretty sure I actually had sweatshirt just like that while I was there." He tells me changing the subject.
   "Wow, it's a small world." I tell him.
   "That it is."
   "Well, I will let you guys go. I'm gonna go look at the journalist booth."

▫️▫️▫️

I walk into my room, and see Hunter at my desk looking at a few things.
"Holy crap, what are you doing here?" I ask him with a laugh and close my door.
"Hey, um, sorry. I came through the window, I didn't know how Jenna would feel about me being in your room." He tells me.
"It's fine, your aloud here anytime. As for Jenna, window was probably a good idea." I say and walk over to him.
    "You know, I haven't ever officially met your aunt." He tells me.
    "That is exactly how I like it." I tell him as I wrap my arms around his neck and then he gives me a look. "Okay, okay. You can officially meet her tomorrow."
    "Thank you." He leans down and kisses me.
    "Yeah, yeah." I say and start kissing him back.
    "Phoebe, your aunt is downstairs." He tells me. "And your brother is in the next room over." He says and I just keep on kissing him.
    "Don't think about it." I tell him and lean back to sit on my bed. I lay down and he's on top of me.
     "What if she comes up stairs?"
     "She won't." I tell him and pull his lips back to mine.

                                 ▫️▫️▫️

    "I think that time was even better than the first." I tell him as I lay my head on his chest and wrap my arms around his waist. "It helps to be in your arms after." I tell him and he laughs.
   "Go to sleep, I'll be here when you wake up."
He tells me and kisses the top of my head.
   "You promise?" I ask him.
   "I promise."