Let The Right One In

I'm laying in my bed listening to music through my headphones from my mp3 player, when I hear a knock on my door. I take out my headphones and lean on my elbows as Elena opens the door.
"Hey, it looks like a storm is about to roll through. Can you help Jeremy and I close the windows?" She asks and I nod and stand up.
I help her close all the windows in the house.
"Are you working today?" She asks.
"No, I was just gonna hang around here. Hunter sounded busy when I left there this morning so he can't hang out until a little later." I explain.
"Okay, well I'm heading over there to see Stefan I'll be back in a little bit." She tells me and I head back to my room.

▫️▫️▫️

"Phoebe! Have you heard from Hunter today?" Elena yells from downstairs. I leave my room and head to the bottom of the stairs.
"No, why?" I ask her and Damon who I just realized is here.
"I haven't heard from him. I'm sure it's noting his phone is probably just dead." Damon tells me.
"Okay." I say and just head back upstairs. Once I'm in my room I call Hunter and it goes straight to voicemail. "Hey, Hunter, your brother came by and said he hadn't heard from you. He said it was probably nothing but I just wanted to check in. Call me back as soon as you can." I say in the voicemail and hang up.

A little while later Damon and Elena come into my room. Soaked might I add.
"Hey, what do you guys need? Did you get ahold of Hunter?" I ask them and they look at each other.
"No, neither him or Stefan are answering." Damon tells me.
"I need to ask you a favor." Elena tells me.
"Um, okay. What is it?" I ask.
"You have Mr. Saltzman phone number right?" She asks me.
"Uh, yes, he he gave it to me when we went through the whole, 'Hey, you might be my dad thing.'" I tell her.
"Wait the teacher is your dad?" He asks me.
"Biological, why? Why do you guys need his number? What's going on?" I ask them.
"I need you to ask him to come to the house." Elena tells me.
"I haven't talked to him since we found out." I tell her.
"I can't tell you, and I hate to ask you this but we need you to." She says.
"Just call him littlest Gilbert, I don't have time for this." Damon tells me.
"Damon!" Elena scolds him.
"No, um, if it's to help Hunter than anything." I tell them and pull out my phone. I go through my contacts and find Ric. I look up at Elena and she nods. I press call and listen to it ring.
"Hello? Phoebe? Are you there?" He asks.
"Um, yeah. Hey, Ric." I say.
"Hey, I didn't know if I should call it not. I figuredI would leave it up to you." He says.
"Yeah, and I hate to do this to you, buy I need a favor." I tell him.
"Okay, what's up? Is everything okay?" He asks sounding worried.
"Yeah, I mean kind of. Something happened to my boyfriend, Hunter Salvatore. He's in your history class. And Elena and Damon need you to come by the house. Please?" I ask him.
"How about I hear then out, but all I ask is for you to stop avoiding me, please." He tells me.
"I wasn't-" I start but I'm cut off by him.
"You kind of were. And I get it. I wasn't there, but I didn't know. And I want to be there now, so please let me be there." He says.
"Yeah, and I know it wasn't your fault, it's just a little weird is all."
"Yeah, I get it. Have them meet me at the school, okay?" He asks.
"Um, yeah. Thanks." I say and hang up.
"He said to meet him at the school, he said he would hear you out. Nothing for sure, but I think he'll help." I tell Damon and Elena.
"We'll see." Damon says and starts to walk away.
"Wait, I' coming with, and I want to know what's going on." I tell them.
"That's great, everyone wants something, not everyone gets what they want. And, no you're not." Damon says and he drags Elena downstairs and out the door. I run out my room but they're already out of the door. I sigh and head back into my room. I distract myself for the next few hours by cleaning my room and then watching a-lot of Gilmore girls and other TV shows. About 5 hours later there's a knock on my door. I turn around to see Hunter there.
"Oh, my god. I was so worried." I say and throw my arms around his neck. "Damon and Elena had me call Ric, but they wouldn't tell me what happened. So what happened, what kind if trouble are you in?" I ask him and he sighs and I pull away from him.
"I can't tell you." He tells me.
"Why? I mean, we're dating, you're supposed to tell me things." I tell him kid of bewildered.
"I know. I just can't tell you this." He says, and he sounds very upset about it.
"Why? I mean, I love you, and you can tell me anything. So why can't you tell me this." I ask him.
"I just can't Phoebe! Okay? I hate it, but I can't." He says running his hands through his hair.
"I think you should go." I tell him and cross my arms, I try to hold back my tears.
"Phoebe..." He trails off and I look up at him and he's close to tears.
"Please, just go. I'm so so glad that you're okay. But I just need time to think and Jerey needs me right now with this whole Vicki thing. Please, just give me time." I tell him and open the door for him to go. Once he walks out the door I close it and walk over to my bed and break down into tears. I hear a knock on my door a few minutes later. I wipe my tears the best I can and say a quick come in. The door opens to reveal Ric.
"Hey, thanks for helping them today. I appreciate it." I tell him.
"Yeah, it's no problem. Are you okay?" He asks me.
"Yeah, I'm fine." I tell him and he just gives me a look saying that he knows it's not true.
"It's just... He's keeping so much from me. I don't know how I can trust him, if he's not telling me everything." I tell him and burst into more tears. Ric comes over and pulls me into a hug and I wrap my arms around his waist while he smooths down my hair. After a few minutes I calm down. "I'm sorry, I'm not usually like this. I don't cry over boys. Although there had never been boys to cry over before." I tell him with a small laugh and a sniffle.
"It's okay. I think, that if he isn't telling you something, maybe it's to protect you, and if he loves you, than that's what he's going to want to do. He'll want to protect you." He tells me.
"Maybe, I just wish he could trust me enough with whatever it is." I tell him with a sigh.
"Like I just said, I don't think that has anything to do with trust, it has something to do with protecting you." He tells me.
"Yeah, you're right. He'll tell me when he's ready right?" I ask him and he nods. "Thanks, this means a lot." I say and hug him.
"Yeah, Im here for you. I'm here for you now." He says into my hair as he hugs me back.