Haunted

"I have got your costumes. It's all here." Caroline tells us walking up to Bonnie, Jo and I handing us each a bag. I open mine to see an angel costume, I look over at Jo's bag and see a Devil's costume. Which ours are quite slutty if I must say.
"Seriously?" Bonnie asks showing her costume is a witch.
"Come on. Can someone please be excited that it's halloween? I just want to have fun, you know, just some silly fluffy Damon free fun." She tells us.
"Well, I just got dumped by my first boyfriend so I am so up for drinking and a party." I tell her and she smiles at me.
"Hey, isn't this the one you got from Damon?" Bonnie asks holding up a necklace with a yellow stone.
"Yep. Wear it. Toss it. I don't care. I just want it gone." Caroline tells her.
"Hey, I actually forgot I have something I have to do. But I'll see you tonight?" She asks me.
"Yeah. I'll be the one dressed as an angel." I tell her. She's been disappearing a lot recently but I know she doesn't keep secrets from me and she'll tell me when she's ready.
"Hey, have you seen Elena? Do we know what she's wearing?" Caroline asks.
"I was with Grams all weekend. I haven't talked to her. Maybe she's with Stefan." Bonnie tells her and Caroline looks over to me.
"I don't know what she's wearing." I tell her with my hands ip in defense. I decide to keep my mouth shut about the whole Stefan thing. If I tell Caroline it'll be around the school by lunch. And she is staying home today so she can't even defend herself against the rumors.
"Riding to his castle on his white horse." Caroline says.
"Oh, don't be bitter. It provokes wrinkles." Bonnie tells her.
"Okay well I have to head to Bio. Bye." I tell them and head to Bio. I take my seat and then wait and Hunter doesn't show up. Then he doesn't show up in English either. Then I go to history, the last class of the day.where we have a sub while we wait for them to hire a new teacher and he isn't there either. I sigh and suddenly can't wait for the party tonight.

▫️▫️▫️

    "Cider for the ladies? It's a Lockwood special." Tyler asks us.
    "No way. Last year, I was hungover until Thanksgiving." Bonnie tells him and I laugh.
   "Light weight. I am going to drink until someone is hot enough to make out with." Caroline tells us.
    "And I'm going to drink until I forget about Hunter and how the Devil to my Angel couldn't make the party tonight." I tell them and grab both the drinks for me and Bonnie and start chugging one.  "I also need to start before Elena decides to show up." I tell them. "Who wants to dance?" I ask them feeling the alcohol take over me.
    "Me! Let's go dance." Caroline tells me taking my hand and we make our way into the school to dance. After about 15 minutes of dancing I see Hunter leave out of the back door.
     "Hey, I'll meet up with you later. Okay?" I tell Caroline and stumble over to the doors before she can answer. I walk outside and what I see shocks me to no end, and I sober up fast. Vicki is outside with her mouth on my sister's neck and she is drinking her blood.  "Oh my god." I gasp and she looks over a me dropping Elena. "Vicki. Vicki. Stop. Vicki." I tell her as she stalks over towards me and I start to walk backwards and suddenly she freezes and there is a wooden stake through her heart. She falls to the ground dead and Jeremy keeps screaming her name.
     "Get them out of here." Elena tells Hunter and Stefan.
     "What the hell is going on? What is she?" I ask them.
     "Hey, I'll explain everything, but I need you to calm down, okay? Do you trust me?" He asks me and I nod. "Okay, I'm gonna take you back to your house and I'll explain everything there." He tells me and I nod and he takes my hand in his and takes me away.
We get back to my house and I'm waiting in my room with Hunter. He said we're waiting for my sister, so I'm completely confused when Damon walks in to my room.
    "What are you-" Hunter starts to ask and he gets up to walk towards him. "Oh. I see. Just do me a favor?" He asks his brother and he nods.
"Don't make her forget me. I know Elena wants me to stay away and I'll try but I won't be able to handle if she doesn't remember me at all." Hunter tells him and Damon nods again. Hunter walks out of the room and I get up to follow him.  
    "Hey, wait. Sit down." He tells me and I sit.
"You didn't see anything tonight. You went to the party, you got drunk you danced, and then Elena brought you home. Vicki told your brother that she was leaving town, he's sad but you all know it's better this way." He says.
    "It's better this way." I say and blink. When I open my eyes all I think is that I need to shower. So I jump in the shower and I'm in there for quite a while. When I get out I get dressed in leggings and my Duke sweatshirt.  I look down at my dresser and see the necklace Hunter gave me, but I don't remember taking it off.  I put on the necklace that Hunter gave me. I slip in my shoes and grab the car keys. I go downstairs and straight out to the car. I drive to the boarding house and park the car. I get out and go knock on the front door. The door swings open to reveal Hunter.
    "Phoebe, what are you-"
    "I want to be with you. I know you think that it's best that I stay away, but it's not. I really like you. Maybe even love you and yes I may have had too much to drink tonight but it's the truth and I'm pretty sober now." I tell him cutting him off. "Now is a good time to say some-" I start buy I'm cut off by him kissing me.
    "I like you, maybe even love you too." He tells me and I smile and he leads me inside and to his bedroom. "Are you sure?" He asks me as he lays me down on his bed.
    "Positive. I want you." I tell him.
    "Okay."