Chapter 1: Welcome to Kalos

Cayla woke up to the plane's speaker sounding. She sat up and stretched, covering her mouth to hide a yawn. Ro was fast asleep beside her, sleeping against the arm. Smiling, Cayla took out a Poke-Ball and returned Ro to it. She looked outside, watching the clouds drift by as the plane landed.

She followed the other passengers out, holding her bag closely as she walked. The sun shone down on the region, coupled with a lovely breeze that pushed her long hair behind her. Smiling, she walked down the stairs, careful with each step.

"Papa said that Professor Sycamore will be waiting for me at his lab, might as well go now!" She hummed to herself, walking out of the airport. She blinked swiftly, looking at all the Pokemon. There were ones she recognized, like Pichu, and Skitty, but many that she didn't, or had only seen in photos. "Ro, come out and join me!" Cayla grinned, tossing up the red and whit ball.

"Kirlia." 'With pleasure.' He cooed happily, spinning around his trainer in glee.

Cayla giggled at him and continued walking towards the Lab. The walk as very calm. The due simply walked, smiling politely when it was needed. They soon came up on a large building, it was well maintained and had a superior vibe to it.

Gulping, Cayla walked up the stairs, Ro holding onto her hand as she did. The Murkrow haired female slowly peeked into the lap. "Hello?" She called.

"Hello!" A man waved them in, a smile on his peach fuzzed face. "You are definitely Cayla." He chuckled.

"I am, h-how did you know?" Cayla asked, walking in farther with her partner.

"Your father sends me so many pictures when he brags about you. I'm Professor Sycamore." The man smiled, walking closer. He held his hand out. Cayla blushed at her father's behavior before taking his hand and shaking his hand politely. "So, your father tells me he gave you both Galladeite, and Gardevoirite, and a Key Stone for you and...Ro?"

"Yeah, I'm sorry to say, we don't know what to to evolve into yet." Cayla admitted, patting Ro's head.

"Thats fine, it is a very important decision." The Professor agreed, smiling at them. "Just bring me the other when yo-huh?"

Both people, and Ro, turned towards the door when two kids barged in. One was a young girl with blonde hair, and a worried look twisted on her face. Beside her was a young man, one Cayla recognized. He was taller than Cayla, with spiky black hair, sharp features, and marks on his cheeks. On his shoulder was a Pikachu, and he had a blue frog Pokemon in his arms.

"Professor, Frokie got hurt protecting my Pikachu!" The boy said urgently.

"Oh no! Here, give Frokie to me!" Professor Sycamore scooped up the Pokemon, running to his assistance.

Cayla watched, staying respectfully quiet. Another boy ran in. He had blonde hair like the girl, and large, circle framed glasses. He was panting heavily, leaning against the wall.

"Are you alright?"Cayla asked, shocking the three others.

"Woah! Cayla is that you?!" The black haired boy gasped in surprise.

"Pikacha!" Pikachu cooed, darting off of his shoulder and over to Cayla.

She giggled and nodded. "Hey Ash, it's been a while. It's good to see you too Pikachu!" She turned her attention to the Pokemon.

"A friend of yours?" The blonde male asked, walking over to stand by Cayla with the other two.

"Yeah! Clemont, Bonnie, this is Cayla. She's a top coordinator in Sinnoh. Cayla, this is Bonnie and Clemont. New friends I made today." Ash introduced.

"How do you do?" Cayla smiled sweetly. "As Ash said, my name's Cayla, and this is my Partner; Ro."

Clemont smiled, spewing his own greeting before looking at Ro in awe.

"Wow, you're a Kirlia right?!" Bonnie asked Ro in awe.

"Kirli." 'I am.' He nodded, not that anyone but Cayla could hear him.

"Wow! You're so cute!" Bonnie gushed.

"Where's CC?" Ash asked, turning to quickly explain to Clemont and Bonnie. "CC was her first Pokemon."

"My father wanted to keep him around for research." Cayla said, her smile faltering a bit.

"What kind of Research?" Clemont asked, pushing up his glasses.

"Mega Evolution Research." Professor Sycamore smiled, walking out with a Garchomp behind him.