Chapter 15: Mega Lucario Mayhem

(Episode 31 of Pokemon XY. Also, Violence Warning)

After fighting tooth and claw for the Lucarionite, Korrina stood with Lucario, everyone watching as Lucario started to glow. When the light vanished Lucario stood, changed. It was a bit taller, with a flowing blonde tail coming from the chest fur. It's hands and feet became red, with black lines forming over the Pokemon, along with spikes. The long aura sensing whiskers grew longer, tipping off with red. The feeling of aura radiated off of the Pokemon, possible fore everyone to feel. Korrina smiled, running up to Lucario in glee.

"Congratulations Korrina!" Cayla smiled helpfully to her friend. Ro, sensing the abundance of Aura, popped out of his Poke-Ball, red eyes trained on the Aura Pokemon, and un-moving. Cayla patted his head, giving him a calm smile, but it did little to help.

Cayla approached with the others, giggling as Lucario got used to it's new form. It was kicking up and punching, sending it's aura with each kick. Their paw got to close to Cayla, causing Cayla to fall back. The only reason she didn't fall onto the ground was because Ash was behind her, and caught her in his arms, helping her steady herself. Ro glared at the other Pokemon, and picked Lucario up with Psychic. He dropped the fighting type eyes narrowed, a few feet away from his trainer.

"Kirli Kirlia Lia Kirli!" 'You need to control your Aura!' Ro stated.

"It was just an accident Ro." Cayla tried to ease, petting the Psychic/Fairy type.

"Mega Lucario must just have some extra energy, how about a battle to work some of that out?" Korrina asked, smiling giddily.

"I'd like to battle you." Cayla offered, glancing to Ro to make sure he agreed. He nodded, eyes still locking on the Mega Evolved Pokemon.

"Awe! I wanted to battle her!" Ash complained, stopping when Cayla frowned slightly.

"Oh uh right!" She blabbered. "I was just hoping to finish our battle...from before." She admitted shyly.

"Well, I guess there will be other times to battle." The dark haired male muttered, pulling his hat down to hide his face, before he moved it to grin. "Knock em dead!"

"Thanks Ash!" Cayla brightened up, running with Ro over to her own side as Korrina and Lucario took their spots.

"Okay! Lets get a taste of Mega Evolution with Bone Rush!" Korrina insisted, motioning ahead.

Lucario grunted, forming two bone shaped staffs out of blue light. Lucario rushed forward, Bone Rush in paw.

"Dodge Ro." Cayla urged, snapping her fingers. Ro jumped out of the way. "Now Psychic." Blue light encased Lucario, before Ro threw the Pokemon. Being Fighting and Steel, no matter the Power Up, Lucario was still at a disadvantage when it came to Ro's Psychic, a move that Cayla and Ro worked with hour after hour to perfect.

Lucario landed with a grunt before standing up. Cayla noticed the Pokemon growl, looking at it's paws. She glanced at Ro, meeting his eyes. He didn't like this, and honestly, neither did Cayla. As she was about to say something, she was cut off by Korrina ordering a Power Up Punch. Lucario's fist powered up in a bright orange glow to their fist, before sprinting towards Ro.

"Magical Leaf, quickly!" Cayla called out. Ro surrounded himself with the swirling leaves, blocking the punch with that leaves, and weakening it's effects when it hit Ro, though it still sent him back. "You okay?" She asked,

"Kirlia!" 'Fine!' He nodded.

"No! Ro look out!" Cayla yelled. Lucario was in front of Ro in a flash, eyes wide with rage, and glowing a red hue. Lucario slammed his fist down, punching Ro and sending him flying again. "Quick, Dodge!" Ro started to spin, dancing around to dodge Lucario's every move. Lucario appeared before Ro every time, trying to hit him.

"Whats the matter?! Can't keep up?" Korrina smiled cockily.

Cayla watched the movements. 'It's still a battle. Besides, even if we ended the battle, I don't think Lucario would stop.' She thought to herself.

"Lets go!" Korrina cheered as Lucario kicked Ro into some rocks. "You're getting the hang of this! Keep up the speed!" She grinned.

"Ro, I want you to use Psychic on yourself, get out of there! Now!" Cayla ordered, her molten silver eyes were blazed, focused on her Pokemon. Ro pulled himself up, lighting in a blue glow as he danced away. "Now, Max Magical Leaf!" A swarm of bright green leaves swirled around him, before heading towards Lucario like a swarm of Pidgey after a Catherpie.

Lucario avoided the swarm, jumping into Ro's face and Korrina called for a Power Up Punch. Lucario's fist lit up before slamming the Pokemon down.

"Stop!" Cayla screamed, running forward. She caught Ro in her arms, holding him to her chest. "This isn't a battle Korrina! Look at Lucario! Look at your Pokemon and tell me this is Okay!" She demanded, curling around Ro, as if to hide him.

"What do you-" Korrina cut herself off. Lucario had a pained, crazed look in their eyes, staring at the fallen Pokemon and trainer before it. Lucario started stalking forward. "Oh no! Lucario stop! That isn't how you act in a battle!" She screamed. "Listen to me! Please!"

Lucario's fist lit up in a bright orange color before it raised, ready to hit both Trainer and Pokemon on the rocks before it. Cayla closed her eyes, huddling over Ro, refusing to move. The fist slammed down. Last second a bright green force field surrounded Trainer and Pokemon, deflecting the attack.

Cayla peaked open her eyes, grey pools widening when she saw Protect surrounding them.

Korrina's Grandfather sent out his own Lucario, stopping the raging Pokemon, and knocking it unconscious.

"We're Okay Ro, get a good rest." Cayla whispered softly, raising her Poke-Ball. Ro shook his head at her, causing her to give him a gentle smile. "You did you're job Ro, please. Rest." She whispered, cradling him as she returned him to his Poke-Ball, and Protect vanished.

To Be Continued...

(For the sake of story we're going to pretend that Kirlia can naturally learn Protect. I know they learn Protect in game using TM, but this is anime so it doesn't make sense..)