Chapter 14: Korrina and Lucario

(Episode 29 of Pokemon XY) 

One minute Ash was leading the small group down the trail via run, and the next he was roped into a battle with an unknown trainer who had skated in front of them, claiming Ash would be her 99th trainer. As usual, Cayla smiled in amusement, that is before her eyes were drawn to the glove on the trainer's hand. The glove was mostly white, with a round key stone shimmied into the center.

"This should be fun!" She mused to herself.

The trainer's name turned out to be Korrina, and her partner was a Lucario. Korrina was a little taller than Cayla herself. Her skin had a tiny tan tint to it, while her hair was long, and valumised with a bright blonde hue. Cayla turned her gaze to Lucario. It was the perfect example of a Licario, sharp spike, black paws, and a shiny blue coat. And it was obvious the two had an unshakable bond, though there was no sign of a Mega Stone, Lucarioite, on the Pokemon.

The group found a small clearing to the side of the path for the battle. Ash was using Pikachu, who was all too happy to jump out there, while Korrina used Lucario. Pikachu started off with a Quick Attack, which Lucario stopped, meeting it half way and sending Pikachu flying a bit. Midair Pikachu turned into a Iron Tail, which was blocked by the spikes on Lucario's paws. Pikachu landed a few feet away, before sprinting towards Lucario with another Iron Tail. Lucario dodged to the side with ease, before using Swords Dance, causing blue swords to circle around it, raising it's attack Power with a orangish glow. Swords Dance was followed up with Bone Rush, which hit Pikachu, and sent it flying. Before Pikachu could stand, Lucario hit it with another Bone Rush, sending it flying into the air. When Pikachu started falling, Lucario hit it with Bone Rush again, before ending the battle with Power Up Punch.

Ash cradled Pikachu in his arms, checking it over carefully. "Here." Korrina smiled, handing Ash a blank colored berry. "It's a sitrus berry." She explained. "And I'm sorry to say, but you're not going to be able to beat the Shalour Gym. I know because I know the Gym Leader. Its me!"

"No wonder you're so strong!" Bonnie gushed in awe.

Korrina turned to Lucario, sharing a grin. "That makes 99 win-" Their celebration was cut short by their stomach, which decided to growl, causing their faces to erupt in a deep blush. "Woops, nothings more embarrassing than a growling tummy!" Korrina squeaked, but before she could start rambling excuses Cayla cut her off.

"Now would be good time for lunch, battling really does make people hungry." She soothed, waving their embarrassment off.

"Good idea." Ash agreed, standing up with Pikachu.

"It is about lunchtime." Clemont agreed.

As the group ate, Bonnie noticed Korrina's Key Stone and Korrina explained why she wanted to beat 100 trainers. Apparently all the Gym Leaders in her family had a Mega Pokemon, and her grandfather was even known as the Mega Evolution Guru. Her grandfather said that Korrina and Lucario had to find the Mega Stone together, only then would they be ready for mega evolution. So Korrina decided that only after she defeated 100 trainers, would she and Lucario travel to Geosenge town to find Lucarioite.

"Korrina, I would like to be your 100th battle." Cayla spoke up once the blonde finished her story.

"Really?!" Korrina gasped, grinning.

"Of course, you see," Cayla pulled out her own Key Stone pendant. "Me and my partner are also on the path to Mega evolution. Ro won't be evolving into a Gallade for a while. We decided that we would evolve him after we win our first showcase, and we still have a long way to go, but it would be an honor to be you're 100th battle." Cayla finished, smiling happily. Behind them Ro made eye contact with Lucario, before nodding his head.