Chapter 16: On The Road Again

Cayla watched Clemont and Bonnie tend to her scraped knees, as Korrina as Gurkinn handed the Lucarionite to McGinty, for him to make a band for Lucario to wear the Lucarionite. She turned away and smiled at Bonnie, who gazed up at her with worry.

"All done." Clemont spoke.

"Thanks Clemont." Cayla smiled at him, pushing herself up. Against better judgement, she walked over to the older gentleman, holding out her Galladite. She watched as both his, and Gurkinn's eyes widened. "It it isn't much trouble, could you maybe make a holder for a Gallade?" She asked shyly. "I can pay you of course-unless it's to much trouble!"

The hearty man chuckled. "Don't worry about that now." He eased, taking the pale stone. "I'll make a right as rain band for you." He promised.

"Cayla, do you want to lean on my shoulder while we go to the Pokemon Center?" Korrina asked.

"No, I'm okay." She promised, giving her friend a comforting smile. "Besides, this is nothing compared to my Ro, so lets just hurry." She said, hiding a limp as she lead the way to the Pokemon Center.

-------

Cayla sat on the couch, Dawn in her arms as she stared at nothing. Everyone Perked up when Nurse Joy finally walked out, Ro sitting on a rolly bed with a pout. As soon as grey eyes met red, Ro was in Cayla's outstretched arms, and Dawn's small silver paws.

"Are you feeling better?" Cayla asked.

"Kirli Kirlia!" 'Great in fact!' He promised.

"Eevee Ee Vee Eevee!" 'Oh I was so worried!' Dawn cooed.

"You look great Ro!" "Pikachu!" Ash and Pikachu stated.

"Denne Denne!" Dedenne popped out.

"What about Lucario?" Korrina asked, clearly worried.

Nurse Joy smiled softly. "He needs to rest just a little while longer. Lucario was very exhausted."

Korrina nodded in understanding. "Thanks."

"Exhaustion isn't a surprise." Gurkinn informed, walking towards the group. "Mega Evolution takes a lot of power for the first time."

"Power? You mean Aura?" Korrina asked, face falling even more. She turned around to face Cayla, bowing her head in polite shame. "Cayla, Ro, I'm so sorry this happened."

Cayla smiled gently, standing up. "It's...well not alright, but Okay. You didn't mean for that to happen, and neither did Lucario."

"But you could have been hurt!" Korrina stated before getting pulled into a hug when she felt herself begin to cry.

"But we didn't." She soothed. "These things happen Korrina, Lucario was most likely put off by his new power. But, you know what they say; 'The past can hurt, but you can run from it, or learn from it.' " She pulled away. "So have you learned anything?"

"I think so." Korrina nodded.

"Then all is forgiven." She stated.

"Kirlia Kir Kirlia Lia." 'You got that from The Pyroar King.' Ro snickered, getting a small smile from his trainer.

The group moved to sit down, Cayla mostly due to the fact that Ro saw her legs and wouldn't speak until she did so. She pulled both of her partners to her lap, sitting back to listen to what Gurkinn was going to say. Seeing as he was known as 'The Mega Evolution Guru', she knew she could learn a lot.

"Did that happen to your Lucario too Grandfather?" Korrina asked.

Gurkinn rolled his head back. "In a way. Nobody gets anything perfect the first attempt. But still..."

"But still?! What are you saying?" Korrina pressed.

The man stared at Korrina seriously. "That battle you had earlier was hardly worthy of praise." He started, causing his granddaughter to step back.

"But-" She was cut off by McGinty walking into the Pokemon center.

They round man walked over to the group, smiling at them. "Sorry to keep you waiting Gurkinn, young Lady." He chuckled, opening a red and white box to reveal a long red and silver arm band. In the center was a cut and polished Mega Stone, a silver band around it.

Korrina stared in awe. "They Lucarionite." She murmured, taking the holder. "Thanks Mr. McGinty!"

"And for you," McGinty turned, holding up a blue and white box. He opened it, revealing a similar holder, but it was shorter, and smaller, looking more like a choker, and it was a pretty blue instead of red. In the center was the pale Galladite Mega Stone, sparkling while surrounded by shiny silver accents.

"Oh thank you sir!" She beamed, taking out her wallet to pay, while also closing it safely in the box.

"Mr. McGinty, did you make the one my Grandpa has too?" Korrina asked as he was handed the money.

"I did, and I'm proud of my handy work." He nodded.

--------

Cayla bumped shoulders with Korrina as they watched Korrina's grandpa leave. After Korrina's battle with her Grandpa, he gave her an order.

'I order you to go on another training journey! There is a trainer that has guided me since I was young. This trainer lives on Pumice Mountain and also has a Mega Evolved Pokemon. I am certain they will be able to teach you what you need to learn beyond the surface of Mega Evolution.'

"You and Lucario will do this." Cayla stated. "Together!"

"Yeah!" Korrina smiled, getting a matching grunt from Lucario. "Lets go!" Korrina declared, starting to run.

"Lets not let them beat us!" Cayla told Ro, starting to run after them, her Pokemon running beside her.

"Hey! Wait for us!" Bonnie and Ash yelled.

"Oh no, more running!" Clemont complained.

"Come on Clemont!" Serena giggled.