Chapter 23: A Shalour Rumble!

(Episode 43 of XY)

Cayla stood in the stands with Ro, Serena, Clemont, Bonnie, and Frokie. They stared down as Korrina and Ash were about to battle. While Ash hadn't been able to battle Korrina right away, they did get a nice history lesson from Korrina's grandpa about Mega Lucario, and once they were able Ash ushered them all to the gym. Korrina was a little sad that Ro hadn't evolved, but with Cayla's promise to find her after that happened the girl let up.

Korrina skated around the gym floor and walls, making a amazing, and dramatic entrance. She landed and smirked at Ash. "Alright Mr. Confidence. Lets start. Lets go; Mienfoo." Out of Korrina's Poke-Ball popped out a tan and red weasel-esk Pokemon, bright and ready for battle.

*Mienfoo, the Martial Arts Pokemon. In fights, they dominate with onslaughts of flowing, continuous attacks. With their sharp claws, they cut enemies.*

"Lets have a great battle!" Ash insisted, tossing out Hawlucha. Hawlucha landed, puffing out it's chest proudly while spreading it's wing-arms. "I choose you Hawlucha." 

Korrina started off the battle with High Jump Kick. Mienfoo jumped up, it's knee lighting up as he darted towards Hawlucha, and sent it flying. Mienfoo then jumped up, curing into a ball before hitting Hawlucha with a powerful Drain Punch, absorbing Hawlucha's energy. Hawlucha's Wing lit up in a Karate Chop. Karate Chop was deflected by Mienfoo's kick, sending Hawlucha flying back again. Mienfoo followed up with a Force Palm, sending Hawlucha back when it stood. Hawlucha flew up into a Flying Press, causing Mienfoo to use Swift, sending brilliant yellow stars up, and hitting Hawlucha. Hawlucha straightened out on the ground, dodging Mienfoo when it used Jump Kick again, casing Miefoo to slam into the ground. The Fighting Flying type landed a few feet away and turned to the other, and jumping after it with Karate Chop. Mienfoo crossed it's arms over it's head, blocking Karate Chop swiftly. Hawlucha dodged up when Mienfoo tried to land another punch, changing it into a Flying Press as it slammed into Korrina's Pokemon and knocking it out.

Korrina returned Mienfoo, following up with a Machoke. Ash returned Hawlucha, throwing out Fletchinder. Fletchinder started out with Flame Charge, it's body lighting up in a beautiful flame as it dove for the Fighting type. Machoke jumped out of the way, it's speed and power allowing it to jump high into the air to use Brick Break, knocking Fletchinder out of the sky. Machoke landed before Fletchinder could fly back up and delivered a Low Sweep, kicking Fletchinder past the lines of the battle field. Fletchinder shook off the shock of the attacks, flying high over the field before diving into a Steel Wing. Machoke steadied itself, grabbing Fletchinder's wings, and being pushed back a little. It the tossed Fletchinder behind it, where Fletchinder twisted around, it's wings lit up again, but in a different glow as it used Razor Wind. Machoke crossed it's arms, but was hit with Razor Wind. Machocke focused its energy in it's hands, creating a large yellowish ball of energy. As Machoke focused in it's Focused Blast, Fletchinder became encased with flames from Flame Charge. Fletchinder charged towards Machoke as Machoke fire Focus Blast. Fletchder swiftly dodged Focus Blast, ramming into Machoke, and winning.

Korrina returned Machoke, and thew out Lucario. Without wasting time a light flashed between them as Lucario Mega Evolved. Korrina smirked at as as the light died down. Fletchinder lit up in another Flame Charge, flying straight towards the Fighting Steel type Pokemon. Lucario crossed it's arms and a loud sound screeched through the air, causing Flechinder to halt and thrash at the harsh sound. Fletchinder pushed through though, plummeting towards Lucario. Lucario deflected Flame Charge after sliding through the dust of the field. Once it regained it's footing, Lucario used Aura Sphere, generating a large orb of blue Aura before firing. Fechinder used Steel Wing to defend itself, and Lucario used that to get behind and send Fechinder to the ground with a Power Up Punch.

Ash returned Flechinder, and sent out Hawlucha quickly. Hawlucha started off with Flying Press, at the same time Lucario used Bone Rush, separating the singly bone shaped staff into two and hitting Hawlucha away with both clubs. Hawlucha regained balance, sliding through the ground while Aura Sphere was fired at it. Aura Sphere hit, sending Hawlucha to the far all where it passed out, and Ash returned it.

Ash's final Pokemon was Pikachu. The Electric type darted out onto the field. Pikachu started off with Quick Attack, darting across the field in unseeable speed. Once Pikachu was a certain way away Quick Attack was boosted into a Electro Ball. Lucario darted out as well with another Bone Rush. Lucario used Bone Rush to hit Electro Ball away, causing it to barely miss hitting Pikachu. While air born, Pikachu switched to Iron Tail, it's tail creating sparks with Bone Rush as they collided. With Pikachu so close, Lucario kicked, sending Pikachu away. Pikachu steadied out, using Thunder Bolt, and hitting Lucario. The dust settled and Lucario used Aura Sphere, sending the blue ball of energy straight at Pikachu. Pikachu landed against the ground after it was hit, sliding away before standing and firing off a Thunder Bolt to show it wasn't giving up. Lucario then used Metal Sound, sending loud waves across the field. Pikachu used another Thunder Bolt, pushing through Metal Sound to stop it. Lucario used another Aura Sphere, but Pikachu used Iron Tail to hit it away. Pikachu used the same Iron Tail to collide with Lucario's incoming Bone Rush, sending them to the ground. Both Pokemon stood back u and Lucario used Power Up Punch, it's fist lighting up in a bright orange glow. Pikachu met Power Up Punch with another Iron Tail before jumping away and using Electro Ball, while Lucario staggered and used Aura Sphere. The moves both hit targets but neither Pokemon wanted to give in. While Lucario was recovering, Pikachu used Thunder Bolt. When the smoke cleared, Lucario was passed out.

Pikachu cheered and ran to Ash as they celebrated. The rest of the group cheered from the stands before quickly, but safely runding down to join them.

"Ash." Korrina drew his attention. She smiled, and held up a badge that looked like two knuckles. "This proves your victory at the Shalour City Gym. The Rumble Badge. Congrats!"

"Thanks Korrina!" Ash grinned, happily taking the badge.

"Congratulations Ash." Cayla smiled simply.

A small flush of red tinted Ash's cheers. "Uh Thanks! Me and my Pokemon really worked hard!"

"Pikachu!" 'Yes we did!' Pikachu chuckled, chuing at the cheek pets he received.

"Well Korrina, if you let me borrow your kitchen I'd be happy to make dinner in celebration." Cayla turned to her blonde friend.

"No way! Really?! Awesome! It's this way! This way!" Korrina nearly bounced, pulling her towards the kitchen as Cayla giggled and asked for everyone's favorites.

"Well, since they're doing that, How about I show you to our healing machine for your Pokemon Ash?" Korrina's Grandfather asked.

"That would be great. Thanks." Ash agreed, and they followed.