Chapter 3: Searching Dawn

"Aaaahhhhhhhhhh!" They screamed, falling towards the ground at top speeds.

Suddenly, a bright, warm light enveloped them, calming them down. They peeked open their eyes, gasping softly. It was a Mega Gardevoir! The Gardevoir glanced at them, nodding softly before landing on the ground, and setting down. Gardivor looked at Ro and nodded to him before jumping away, leaving them.

Cayla looked at Ro before tears filled their eyes. Within seconds, both were sobbing, out of fear, and relief. Paramedics ran over to them, checking them over. Luckily everyone was fine, and Ash was saved by a Mega Blaziken. After everything settled down, Ro refused to let go of Cayla's hand, they went back to the lab to sleep.

-------

"Professor." Cayla walked up to the man the next morning, holding out one of the Mega Stones. "Ro decided last night, which path he wants to make. So here's the other Mega Stone." She smiled.

"And what will he be evolving into?" Professor Sycamore asked with an amused smile.

"After last night, Ro said that he want's to be a noble knight, and a Pokemon that can Protect me." Cayla chuckled softly, smiling at the Poke-Ball in her hand. "We're going to Geosenge Town to find a Dawn Stone for when we're ready."

"What, but I thought you were going to travel with us." Bonnie frowned, grabbing her hand.

Cayla smiled. "I'm going to meet you all in Santalune City after Geosenge Town. I promise." Bonnie didn't seem completely confident, so Cayla pulled out her bag. She shuffled around and pulled out a ribbon. It had a gold, diamond shaped pin, connected to blue and white cloth. "This was the first ribbon I ever won with my Pokemon, could you hang onto it for me until I come back?" She asked.

Bonnie smiled. "I promise to take very very good care of it!" Bonnie giggled and ran off to show Clemont.

"So, we'll meet up again in Santalune City?" Ash asked, petting Pikachu.

"Yep." Cayla nodded. "I'll see you all soon. Bye." She smiled, heading off with a wave.

----------

Cayla stepped off the train in Geosenge town. She tied her hair up in a high Ponyta tail, getting the dark locks off her neck. The town was fair sized, but nothing too big. It was kind of circular, with the houses and shops rounding around each other. The girl headed to the first stop and walking, flinching at the ringing sound.

"Welcome! How can we help you?" A perky man asked, leaning over the counter. He was tall and lengthy with a brown mustache on his upper lip.

"Good afternoon sir. I'm looking for a Dawn stone, would you happen to have one?" Cayla asked, walking up to the counter.

"Dawn stone huh?" He hummed, petting his mustache in thought. "Well, I'm afraid I don't happen to have one in my shop, but you could probably find one in another shop. If not, theres been stories of being able to find one in a pond on Route 3."

"I see. Thank you anyway." Cayla said politely before bidding farewell and walking out.

She walked down the street and towards a second shop. As she began turning the nob, someone yelled from down the street. A Eevee was running down the street. However, the Eevee didn't look like any Cayla had ever seen. Rather than cute, dusty brown fur it had fur as bright as silver. Another thing, was that it was limping while running.

"Ro, lets start the show!" She yelled, throwing out the Kirlia.

"Kirli!"

"Vee.." Eevee halted, freezing in place before gathering a Shadow Ball, and firing it.

"Dodge and use Magical Leaf!" Cayla directed.

Ro jumped elegantly and landed on Shadow Ball before kicking away, he was trained for Contests after all. He started spinning, sending beautiful green leaves crashing into the other Pokemon's side, and sending it sliding.

The Pokemon shook their head before bright stars circled around it. They sent the Swift quickly towards Ro.

"Psychic!" Ro glowed a pretty blue that wrapped around Swift. He sent Swift back, hitting the Pokemon away.

The Pokemon cooed in pain, shaking on it's paws.

"Go Poke-Ball!" Cayla tossed the empty ball, watching as it hit it's head. The Eevee vanished inside the Poke-Ball, before the ball fell and started shaking. One. Two. Three. "Yes!" Cayla smiled scooping the Poke-ball up. "Look Ro, a new friend!" Cayla hummed happily.

"Kirlia!" 'Let them out!' Ro cooed, dancing around her happily.

Cayla chuckled and tossed the Poke-Ball up. Eevee landed and started looking around fearfully. The girl took out her Poke-Dex and held it up.

*Eevee, the Evolution Pokemon. Thanks to its unstable genetic makeup, this special Pokémon conceals many different possible evolutions. *

Cayla hummed before crouching down, causing the seemingly shy Pokemon to flinch. "Hi Eevee, I'm Cayla." She greeted. "Thats Ro."

"Kirlia." 'Nice to meet you.' Ro greeted with a smile.

"Hmm, I think I'm going to call you....Dawn! Fitting I think." She laughed, watching the normal type relax. "How about we get you to the Pokemon center?"

"Vee!" She cooed and nodded.

Cayla smiled and scooped her up in her arms. She fit comfortably in Cayla's arms, nuzzling into her chest. "Well then, to the Pokemon center, then we can get back to looking for a Dawn Stone." She smiled down at both her Pokemon before continuing into the Pokemon Center.