Chapter 8: Within a Dream

Cayla was standing in a meadow...? But that couldn't be right! She was sleeping just a few seconds ago. The meadow was warm, and smelled so fresh though, it had a lulling effect.

"Where am I?" I asked no one, walking further into the meadow. "Ro? Ash? Bonnie?"

"Volt!" A voice cooed behind her, causing her to turn around, but nothing was there.

"Anyone?!" Cayla yelled, looking around.

"Vol!" The voice cooed again, sounding like it came from far away.

Without a second thought, Cayla took off running towards the voice. She came to the top of a hill too fast and slipped, rolling down the hill. "Ow..." She whispered, pushing herself up.

"Volt? Vol Volt!" Cayla looked up, her eyes falling on a small floating Pokemon. It giggled, pokeing Cayla with it's nose. "Volt~"

"I-I've never seen a Pokemon like you before." She murmured, petting it.

The Pokemon was small, and cat like with two tails, white chest fluff, and soft, sky blue fur. It's paws were yellow, fading into the sky blue like a sun rise. It had darker sky blue marks under it's eyes, ear fur, head fluff, and tail tips. On it's flank was two indigo swirls. It's eyes were closed, like a Snorlax, and a happy kitten like smile graced it's features.

"Vol! Voltus!" The Pokemon, Voltus apparently, cooed again and rested in her arms.

"Where am I?" Cayla asked the Pokemon, pressing their foreheads together.

"Vol Voltus Volt Vo Vol." 'Danger. There's is danger in the future.' The Pokemon cooed. "Vol Voltus Vo." 'You will be dragged in, and must stop it.'

"But...what do you mean?" Cayla asked. "What can I do?"

"Voltus Vol Voltus." 'You won't be alone. A knight shall stand beside you, as well as the sky.' Voltus said. "Volus." 'We'll meet again soon.'

"Wait! What do you mean?!" Voltus pressed it's nose to her forehead, causing Cayla to sway.

------

"Wait! What do you mean! Don't go!"

"Cayla wake up!"

Cayla gasped as she flung herself awake. She looked around in confusion. 'Wasn't I just outside? Was it a dream?' She breathed heavily, pressing a hand to her chest to calm down. She looked up and smiled sheepishly at the other girls. "Hi..."

"Are you alright Cayla? You were tossing in your sleep." Bonnie frowned, crawling onto Cayla's orange sleeping back.

"Yeah. I just had a weird dream, I guess I'm a bit shaken." She admitted, rubbing her arms.

"Okay, well some Pancham are causing trouble, maybe it's best for you to stay here." Serena spoke in a voice that was laced with fake kindness.

Cayla, knowing when she wasn't wanted, just nodded, laying back down. She laid in her sleeping bag until she heard the others leave. She got dressed, and brushed her teeth before crawling out of the tent. "Ro, Dawn, out you come!" She said, forcing a smile.

"Kirlia?" 'Are you okay?' Ro asked immediately.

"Vee Eevee." Dawn cooed, rubbing a silver cheek against her leg.

"A dream I had just freaked me out. How about we practice for now? The others are gone, something about Pamcham." She changed the subject, but couldn't dodge their eyes. "Maybe as we practice I'll be happier." She offered.

"Kirli Kilia." 'Fine, I can tell when you won't spill.' Ro sighed.

"Vee Eevee!" Dawn jumped up and down excitedly, causing Cayla to giggle.

"Right! Lets get to work!"