Chapter 22: Team Battle!

(Episode 41 of XY)

Saying the camp was excited on the last day was an understatement. Seeing as the last competition was a team battle the camp was buzzing. Everyone was wanting to get into the hall of fame, adding some extra humph to the camp. The groups separated after the announcement, breaking off into their teams to discuss the strategy.

Team Cyndaquil vs Team Chikorita

"Quilava I choose you!"

"Ro, lets start the show!"

"Marill lets get moving!"

"Let go Butterfree!"

"Bayleef come on out!"

"Electrike I choose you!"

"Ready?" The moderator glanced at both teams. "Go!"

"Quilava use Smokescreen!" Mikky started off. Quilava jumped in front of the other two Pokemon, clouding the battle field with thick, black smoke

"Ro use Magical Leaf!"/"Marill use Bubble Beam!" Mandy said at the same time as Cayla. out of the smoke came sparkling clear bubbles, mixed with the sharp, glowing leaves of Magical Leaf. The combo attack landed on Butterfree, sending the bug type to the ground.

"Get back up Butterfree! Use Gust!" Butterfree's trainer ordered. Butterfree started to stand back up. After shaking itself off, Butterfree flapped it's pale wings, blowing away the Smokescreen.

"Bayleef use Rasor Leaf!" Bayleef swung it's head, and a string of sharp leafs flooded out.

"Electrike use Thunder Wave!" Electrike's green fur started to spark before it sent out a wave of electricity.

"Ro, quickly use Protect!" Ro jumped in front of the other Pokemon, creating a large bubble of dark green energy. The attacks hit Protect, cutting down any damage.

"Blizzard!"/"Flame Thrower!"/"Hidden Power!"

A freezing white air mixed in with the bright orbs of Hidden Power, All while Flamethrower swirled around the attack. Team Chikorita's Pokemon yelled before they passed out.

"We Won!" Mandy cheered, hanging off of her twin.

"Quil!" Quilava cooed, cutting off the celebration. The fire type started to glow a bright, blinding bluish light.

"It's Evolving!" Mikky gasped.

"Typhlo!" Typhlosion yowled, the flames on it's neck lighting up in flames. Mikky ran over to it, and Cayla took out her Poke-Dex.

*Typhlosion, the Volcano Pokemon. If Typhlosion's rage peaks, it becomes so hot that anything that touches it will instantly go up in flames. It can rub its blazing fur together to cause huge explosions.*

"Congratulation's Mikky." Cayla smiled, putting her Poke-Dex away while sitting on the bench. The boy simply smiled, petting Typhlosion as it laid it's head on his lap.

"Now we can't win!" Mandy grinned, leaning over his shoulder.

Cayla sighed that night after dinner. Team Cyndaquil came in third, with Team Froakie coming in first and closing the camp for the year. Cayla sat down in the cooling sand, looking up at the bright moon that reflected off the water and turned the sand silver. Sighing, she laid down all the way, turning her sites on the stars. Three pops sounded, but she didn't even blink.

"Eevee?" 'Cayla?'

"Kirli Kirlia?" 'Whats wrong?'

"In Infernape." 'Come on, tell us.'

"Nothing is really wrong, I just feel a little sad." Cayla mused. "Tomorrow we're leaving, I'll have to say goodbye to Mikky and Mandy, and Team Squirtle, and CC, you'll have to go back with dad." Warm streaks lit up as they fell down her cheeks. "I've learned so much, and we've all had so much fun, I just don't want to tell everyone goodbye."

CC and Ro frowned, sharing a sad glance. Dawn's cheeks puffed into a pout before she pounced on her trainer's stomach, causing her to sit up. "Eevee Ee Eev Eevee Vee Vee Eevee Evee! Vee Vee Eevee!" 'Stop thinking like that! You aren't saying goodbye forever you know! And you still have me, and Ro, and Ash and Pikachu and Bonnie, and Dedene, and Clemont! Yes it's sad to say goodbye, but it's not the end. So...' Dawn sniffled. "Eevee Eev. Vee?"'So Stop crying. Okay?'

Chuckling softly, Cayla nodded, wiping her face from tears. "You're right. Sorry, and thank you."

"Vee!" 'You're welcome!'

"Pika Pi!" 'You guys!' Pikachu darted out from the cabins. Cayla turned, and Pikachu skitted to a halt in front of them. "Pikachu Pika Pika Chu." 'They're going to start soon.' He explained.

"Okay, Thanks Pikachu." Cayla smiled, giggling at the surprised but happy look On Pikachu's face when he realized she understood him. "Alright," She sighed, pushing herself from the sand. "Lets go!"

"I'm gonna miss you!" Many whined that morning, trapping Cayla in her arms. "We have to meet up okay!"

"Sure, Okay." Cayla said at the same time as Mikky scolded Mandy to: "Let her go. it's not like we'll never see her again." Mandy let go, stepping back with her brother. "I'll call you guys, Mikky good luck on becoming a fire type gym leader."

"Thanks. Good luck with your performances. We'll be watching." He nodded.

"Mandy try not to run him too rapid." Cayla winked at the girl who snickered.

"Cayla! We're leaving!" Ash yelled and waved down from up the hill.

"Coming!" She yelled back before waving a final time and running up the hill towards the group. With an easy air around the group they set off, leaving camp and furthering their journey.

(CC was sent home, I just couldn't find the right spot to put it in.)