Chapter 28: A Performance Debut!

(Pokemon XY episode 60)

Cayla was buzzing with excitement from the moment she woke up. Her stomach twisted, with anxiety, excitement, and sugar from the tea she drank. Dawn was acting similar to the trainer, unable to sit down as they prepared, and packed, while Ro was more or less meditating to himself. "I'm so nervous, but also really excited!" Cayla mused to Serena as they packed up their clothes and such to take to the stadium.

"Really? I'm not. I'm definitely going to win!" Serena scoffed, zipping up her bag. "If your so nervous you should just drop out, no one will think any less of you."

"Oh no! I love performing, and the nervousness is normal!" Cayla hummed, following suit and picking Dawn up. "Lets go sign in!"

"Eevee!" 'I'm so excited!' Dawn cooed, her tail wagging.

"Kirlia Kir Kirlia." 'I am too, it's been a long time since we've actually been on stage.' Ro stretched, following after.

When they reached down stairs, Ash, Bonnie, and Clemont was already waiting. Cayla waved before pointing towards sign in where she walked off too. Once reaching the desk she signed in, and offered her PokeDex as ID to prove it was her. Once signed in, she headed back to the group, pleasantly surprised to see Shauna there as well.

"Hi Shauna!" Cayla smiled.

"Wow, someone's more bubbly than usual." Shauna teased.

Cayla's face turned red as the group giggled. "I may have put too much sugar in my tea this morning to wake myself up. I'm just excited to perform against you and Serena!"

"Sorry to say, but I don't plan on loosing!" Serena stated.

"Me neither!" Shauna agreed.

"Don't count me out!" Cayla finished.

"Thats the spirit!" Ash praised. "All of you try your best!"

"Yeah! I can't wait to see you all perform!" Bonnie cheered.

"Thats all well and good, but Serena you have to sign in." Clemont reminded, pointing to the desk.

"Oh my goodness I completely forgot!" Serena yelled, walking towards the sign in.

Shauna and Cayla shared a glance before giggling fondly at the girl's antics. This Showcase was definitely going to be interesting.

-----------------

Cayla marveled at the back stage. It was completely different from the back stage at contests. There were make up booths, and plug ins as well as multiple chairs, watch screens, and mirrors. There were many other girls in the back room, one trimming a Furfrou, one watering a Roserade, and many others. It was fantastic!

"Wow." She murmured.

"Is this your first time performing Cayla?" Shauna asked, stepping in after with Serena.

"Kind of? I've performed in Contests, but never in a Showcase." Cayla explained before making her way to the change rooms with them. "Have you?"

"Once before, but I'm still nervous." Shauna admitted.

"I've never done anything like this." Serena sighed, returning Fennikin and Pancham so she could change.

All three girls stepped into different change rooms. Cayla hummed as she undressed and pulled out her performance outfit. Cayla pulled on sheer white tights, decorated with shimmering blue and white Vivillion shaped patterns. She then pulled on a sky blue dress with loose sleeves that hugged around her shoulders. The back was a little longer than the front, ending about three inches below the knee where the front ended at the knee. She secured her key stone necklace around her neck, and snapped on comfortable blue flats that were decorated in jewels. Once dressed, she left the change room and found a mirror. She combed her long hair our, using a loose gel to keep it in place, at the same time letting it whisk around when she moved. She clipped her bangs back with the clip Ash gave her, and tied the outfit together with white lace gloves. For makeup she was always light handed, going for just some lip gloss with blue glitter.